+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This I know is true...!

Default This I know is true...!

I am waaaaay to old to travel down a steep river side bank on my tuchas and shoulder!! Everything still works ... all be it a bit slow! GAWD!!

Greetings from Deadwood, South Dakota. Land of no trouts. Fishing up here is really slow ... as in zero today! I haven't been skunked in years (well, maybe months). Not a good feeling, especially when combined with a body wracked in pain!!

A few more days here, a few more in the southern hills, then (who-hoo!) back to Kansas.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Betty;
    A big Hello fro Worley, ID!! Got my but whuped on the St Joe today so don't feel bad! Sore as h..l from all the rock hoppin'!!

Next stop Lowell!

Not so old if you can stil play like an otter. Tell Carey we want pictures next time.
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Unhappy

Betty -

Hope all the aches and pains melt away quickly. Of course, a good day fishing will make a lot of it seem less real !!

John

P.S. When I mentioned my fall on a bank of the Lochsa six weeks ago, who was it that told me to be careful out there ??
    The fish are always right.

Blog Entries

Betty sorry your posterior took a punishing, hope your pain goes away quickly and that you can stop somewhere on the way home and find some trout as you know there arn't any in SD.

Oh and they make these things called U-halls, if you like it there so much perhaps you ought to consider using one although I can't understand wanting to live in a place with out trouts.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Hey Betty,
    Sorry to hear about your "incident". Had you been as old as I am, the consequences could have been grave.
    So how did you do in Eastern Wyoming?
    My fishing experience in the Deadwood SD area has always been as in ZERO. The water levels this time of year are usually about at 25% and fish are tough to coax into the open.
    We're headed up thataway up I90 on our way to Grand Teton this coming weekend. We'll stop in Deadwood and leave a small fortune ( about $25- about 8 minutes playing time) and head on West.
    In any case have a great remainder of your getaway . Continue healing your wounds and have a safe trip homeward.

Mark

Palm Bay, Florida/Rock River Wyoming, USA

Red face Hi Betty!

I just received an email from an old friend up in Spokane and one of the things he mentioned was how wading is getting dangerous these days. Steep banks, slick rocks, and more all combine to introduce us to the water or ground. Bifocals don't help by the way! Of course I seldom do it unless I have a crowd. Last time it happened, it took a good five seconds and covered ten yds while flailing and falling on the Spokane River with a good crowd applauding me on from a nearby bridge, and then holding up placards rating me on technical merit and style points!

I've not fished your great state but have fished close to it and you apparently. Sand Creek for one just over in Wyoming, and a neat place. Get over this way, Rock River, north of Laramie about 40 miles, and we'll go chase Trout or other denizens of the deep.
    Good Fishing,

Chuck S (der Aulte Jaeger)

"I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved"

http://fishing-folks.blogspot.com/

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Unhappy Please be careful our there!

Hi Betty,

Sorry that your fishing has been a little on the slow side but if it's been years since you've been skunked, it will help you mix more easily with the rest of us mortals. I'm just very glad that you didn't hear cereal sounds on your way down the hill. Rice Crispies can ruin any trip quickly. You don't ever want to hear snap. crackle and pop on your way down a hill. Glad you're Ok! 8T

Default Oops!

Careful, Betty! I bet the fishing picks up by the time you've read this post.
    Bruce

Careful there, young lady! We're leaving tomorrow for Iowa (also no trouts). I think we'll be back about the same time you get back, but one full glorious week way out of cell phone range and no computer should do me a world of good! Lots of stories to tell when you get home.

Have fun and stay in one piece!
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

+ Reply to Thread