+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Drawing

Default The Drawing

Do the winners names not get posted anymore ? I never did see the July winners name posted and now it is almost the middle of September and no winner for the August drawing posted. Does anybody know who won either of the last two drawings ?

Rocky

when is the drawing for september, i am new here and just wandering when they draw the names for each month.

bart

Blog Entries

Drawing winners are picked just after the end of the month.
    The drawing winners have been notified, but in the case of the earlier drawing there was a question as to if the winner could make the trip or not.

These 2 drawings were fabulous prizes, but a bit trickier than most. They were guided trips, and the winners had a year or so to claim the prize. But there are a lot of logistics on the winner's part so they understandably take much longer to post a winner.

The next drawing (the Sage 99) will be MUCH easier to deal with as it is a simple matter of contacting the winner for which rod to have shipped.

Well, unless I can magically become a non FAOL staffer, and find a way to make me win anyway All these prizes are way too cool. But give the winners a little slack on the ones that need the winner to check availability of vacations, funds to get there, etc..

I'll post the winners as soon as everyone is onboard with the details, and the names are given to me.

Thanks for your patience.

Blog Entries

Oh,
    NORMALLY the drawing is done, and there is a couple day window for the winner to respond. Jim used to deal with most of these details from what I understand. Remember, a lot of roles shifted here, and people are still trying to set down new routines.

I know I'm looking forward to being able to get back to archive pages, and site redesign. 2 areas I have help with but never enough time to do it all.

Unhappy August Drawing

I have drawn a winner but I have not had a reply to my email. I cannot announce the winner until they respond to tell me if they can take the prize.

Neil
    Editor, FAOL

Quote Originally Posted by The Chronicler View Post
    I have drawn a winner but I have not had a reply to my email. I cannot announce the winner until they respond to tell me if they can take the prize.

Neil
    Editor, FAOL
    Maybe another email to them with a title saying something like FAOL PRIZE WINNER. Could be that their computer didn't recognize the sender as friendly and automatically moved it to junk. You probably already thought of that though.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I must admit, it was me.

I hadn't checked my email in a while and I was shocked to find out that I had won. I just emailed Deanna Travis to accept.

I am absolutely in shock. Just 3 hours ago I got back from my very first guided fly fishing trip. I just finished a 4 1/2 hour drive from Dunsmuir Ca where I fished the Upper Sacramento River with Bill Carnozza. It was an amazing day, probably the best day fishing I've ever had.

And then I cam home and checked my email. There it was.

Stunned. That's the only words that can describe it. I'm stunned.

I really should check my email more often. I really started to think the only people who sent me email were folks trying to help me be more "manly".

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by DruLeeParsec View Post
    I must admit, it was me.

I hadn't checked my email in a while and I was shocked to find out that I had won. I just emailed Deanna Travis to accept.

I am absolutely in shock. Just 3 hours ago I got back from my very first guided fly fishing trip. I just finished a 4 1/2 hour drive from Dunsmuir Ca where I fished the Upper Sacramento River with Bill Carnozza. It was an amazing day, probably the best day fishing I've ever had.

And then I cam home and checked my email. There it was.

Stunned. That's the only words that can describe it. I'm stunned.

I really should check my email more often. I really started to think the only people who sent me email were folks trying to help me be more "manly".

Greg
    Congrats. Enjoy.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Default A

"I really should check my email more often. I really started to think the only people who sent me email were folks trying to help me be more "manly"."

Greg

That's a good one Greg! So tell us all about your trip please. I have another month to go before i head up there!

Rich

Default FAOL August Prize Winner

I am trying to contact Ohiotuber. I have sent him two emails - no response. Any help from one of his friends would be helpful.

Neil Travis
    FAOL Editor

+ Reply to Thread