+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Conehead combo Fly

Smile Conehead combo Fly

Yesterday I drove to the Norfork river, Arkansas. That is a really nice river to fish, only problem is only 1 public access. Anyways, I tied up some coneheads a few years ago and used them here and there not too terribly often. Yesterday they got tied on only becasuse I was low on olive buggers and I don't have the materials here to tie any. The rainbow trout of the Norfork loved them! Sculpin olive color and the yellow olive color. Could be too that when I fished them before, I used a floating line. Yesterday I was using a 8' sink tip, and I fished them very close to the bottom, across stream and I fished them upstream. I'm tieing some more of them now!

-JK

2. Default cones...

Sculpin usually live near or on the bottom. Fishing these with the sink tip line close to the bottom is an idea way to fish these. I love cone head and bead head fly's. They fish great and catch many fish.

AK,
    Actually there are two public accesses there. One is below the dam and the other is off a road off of route 5 just before you get to the town of Norfork. Check with the flyshop in Mountain Home or one of the locals and they can direct you to the other one off route 5.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jkilroy View Post
    Yesterday I drove to the Norfork river, Arkansas. That is a really nice river to fish, only problem is only 1 public access. Anyways, I tied up some coneheads a few years ago and used them here and there not too terribly often. Yesterday they got tied on only becasuse I was low on olive buggers and I don't have the materials here to tie any. The rainbow trout of the Norfork loved them! Sculpin olive color and the yellow olive color. Could be too that when I fished them before, I used a floating line. Yesterday I was using a 8' sink tip, and I fished them very close to the bottom, across stream and I fished them upstream. I'm tieing some more of them now!

-JK
    This post is worthless without pictures

How about showing us the fly?

JK,

I'd also like to see what a 'conehead combo fly' is....never heard of it.

Buddy
    It Just Doesn't Matter....

+ Reply to Thread