+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steelheading the St. Joe (in MI)

Default Steelheading the St. Joe (in MI)

Eastern Flly Fishing for July August 2009 had an interesting article on fish Michigan's St. Joe river for steelhead. I don't live very far from the St Joe, a couple of hours or so, and am interested in trying to catch a steelhead. I only have two problems to solve: 1) I've never been steelheading so don't know about fly selections etc. and 2) I've never fished the St. Joe.

I just got the book "Steelhead Dreams" so I've started researching both problems.

Where do you fish the St Joe? Would you recommend a guide for the fist time or two?

Joe

You best source of info on the St Joe is right in your home town. Maybe your are a member ,THE THREE RIVER FLY FISHERS. If not I invite you to our next meeting the third thursday of the month the 17th at the Legion on Goshen Rd. Chris Helms from Mich is the speaker. Meeting starts at 6:30 with fly tying ,speaker at 7 Visit www.3rff.org BILL

Quote Originally Posted by William Fitzgerald View Post
    You best source of info on the St Joe is right in your home town. Maybe your are a member ,THE THREE RIVER FLY FISHERS. If not I invite you to our next meeting the third thursday of the month the 17th at the Legion on Goshen Rd. Chris Helms from Mich is the speaker. Meeting starts at 6:30 with fly tying ,speaker at 7 Visit www.3rff.org BILL
    Bill,
    In life, like comedy, timing is everything. This is one of those good news/ bad news situations. The good news is I will be on my way to Colorado to fish the Yampa on the 16th. So the bad news is that I will be out of town on the 17th and unable to attend.

You are probably right about the best source being the club. Since I am not a member I will have to stop by at the next meeting and met the club.

Thanks for the tip!

Joe

+ Reply to Thread