+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Furled leader swap

I forgot to add that my green leader will be treated and will be a floating leader. The fly I will send along will be The Peacock Lady.

Hmmm....pondering this a bit. My friend likes the cheap green thread for a furled leader.....because it has stretch to it. uh....wonder if it is the "delay" in setting the hook, due to the stretch....that helps him ketch more fish?
    Last edited by Gemrod; 08-29-2009 at 04:37 AM.

Absolutely!!!

1602 NE 180th Ter Smithville MO 64089-9120.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemanxxxv View Post
    I'm a relative new comer to the furled leader furling thing LOL! I'll be spinning 5 foot Stren High Vis Mono in 4 lb test steep taper. Kind of warm water or big fly stuff. Hope thats ok?
    Mine will still be steep taper but I'll have to change to 4# Stren mono flourecent blue as I was unable to aquire the high-vis stuff!

Thumbs up

My Olive Dun 5.5 ft. 6/0 Uni 12-10-8-6 combination along with goodies will be ready for the mail on Monday. Only have a few left to do, Shorb loop on butt end and a 2mm tippet ring on the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemrod View Post
    and I don't like loop to loop connnections. I am not particularly fond of the Shorb's loop....but will make them that way for the swap.
    Mine are all in there own packet, If Fly Goddess does not mine watching for one marked with your name on it I can leave the Shrob loop off of yours. Just let me know.....

I will be tying an irresistible for the fly it is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Fry Flier,

Thank you for the offer to make mine special. No need. I love the 2mm tippets. I do not use a loop on my fly line....I use the Castwell Knot to attache to the loop in the rod end of the leader. I don't mind the Shorb's loop on THAT end. It's NEVER going to break before the tippet...or tippet end of the leader. So pls don't go to any trouble to make mine any different....and that goes for everyone in the swap. Just make mine the same as all you are doing.

Thanks again.

Thumbs up

All packed up and ready for the mail, not bad if I must say so myself, not bad at all.
    Had fun with these, I will just need to order some more rings for the next swap.

mine are furled with thread with no rings just shroup loops. My fly with be a royal something or another LOL. Will hve them ready in the next week or so. Lots to do to get ready for the METAL HEADS!!!!!!!!!

Default still open

is there still room in the leader swap??? love to be in if there is..
    Jarod

+ Reply to Thread