+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing shades

Default Fishing shades

My MJ's finally crapped out and MJ wants $70 to repair them! I can't afford that especially for a repair right now. Maybe if it were a new pair. Anyone have a suggestion or have a cheaper pair of fishing shades for sale? I use my MJ's for everything. (I had some M-Frames but fortunately/unfortunately, the weedeater decided to break them with a rock.) Please help.

I use the H30 Sports glasses. $50.00 gets you a frame, a hard case, a neck lanyard, and 3 interchangeable lenses....dark gray, ultra light gray and amber. All 3 lenses are polarized and are made of polycarbonate. Do a search for H30 and it will lead you to their web site. Hope this helps.

Ken
    "Fly fishing is the most fun you can have standing up" Arnold Gingrich

Sorry... I just buy the cheapo ones at Wally's. Can get a lot of pairs for $70
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Default What about Coyote?

I see a friend of mine who's a guide wearing them all the time. They are dirt cheap compared to others.

As far as Walmart brand, I have VERY sensitive eyes and if they cause the tiniest distortion, I can't wear them.

Ken where can u find the H30's for $50??

I have the same opinion of the Wal Mart polarized. Not near good enough.

But I like "Fit Overs" because I wear glasses. I got so used to them....the other day I misplaced them. Had to go to town a couple of times this past week..and went without the Fit Overs. Man I can tell you I really REALLY missed not having their protection! I was at a BIG inconvience without them. It just demonstrates how great it is to have polarized. Now I tried on Cocoons which a sponsor on here sells them, or is a sponsor, don't remember. Anyway they are even better than the Fit Overs. Both have lens on the side as well as the front. Really protects you well. The Cocoons were MUCH more comfortable. The Fit Overs you kinda know you put something big and chunky over your eyes. However after long term wear you get used to it and don't even notice you have them on. But you do notice it when you begin wearing them. The Cocoons are so sweet you don't even notice them right off. They are really cool.

But the Fit Overs work well also. www.fitovers.com

I no longer have the chart....but I bought mine at a store. Point being they have a chart and you can put your regular glases on it and tell which size Fit Overs to buy. I just found the empty box. I think I have the "Aviators"....but anyhow I love them. I don't just use them for fishing. I used to buy polarized prescription sunglasses. No more. It's Fit Overs for me....or maybe Cocoons if I lose this pair. I had two pair and lost one. I had a grey pair and an amber pair. Now only have the amber pair. Supposedly one color good for one type of sky like dark cloudy day, and other color better for bright suhshine.....as far as seeing fish in the water goes. But I don't remember which color was for bright sunshine and whice was for over cast or cloudy days.

Just FYI
    Last edited by Gemrod; 08-25-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Default Sport model

He's right the "Sport" model are $50. The others are much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by branhap View Post
    Ken where can u find the H30's for $50??

I'm not pushing something like "I am Right" about this. Just trying to help.

What I have clicked on so far do not show any side lense protection. Click on the link I provided above and you will see what I mean.

This is a HUGE plus in my opinion. Far outweigh the costly prescription sunglasses I used to wear. The Cocoons have the wrap around side protection as well.

I think you should really go somewhere and try the wrap around protection type. If you were here I would loan you mine for a few days. You will realize the difference.

Again just trying to help. Clicking on the fitover link will simply show you what the wrap around protection is like.

I'll try to find the Cocoons link as well. But bottom line I think you are really blowing it if you don't get the wrap around side protection. For me it is a big big difference for the better.

+ Reply to Thread