+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need opinions

Quote Originally Posted by MTSkibum View Post
    Every fishing trip i hike on average of 3-4 miles out of water with quite a few 5-7 mile trips as well. Pushing through brush patch after brush patch is pretty hard on waders.

I understand i am in the top 1% for wader wear, i just thought i would give my opinion on how much better i think the high end waders are.
    If I was going to use my waders a lot and hike in them then I would totally go for a high end pair.But since I might not get to use these until next year then a forty dollar pair of waders lasted a whole year sounds pretty good. If they pack as easy as advertised ( i doubt it) I wont hike in them and put them on when I get closer to the water. Again if i ever use them. For the price I figured one day I will want a pair and might not see this deal again when I need it. Thanks for all the input
    David

I forgot when I bought my Orvis Pro-Guide and they're still standin tall. BUT, I'd JUMP on that Hodgeman deal at Cabela's in a heartbeat - and I think I will.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I forgot when I bought my Orvis Pro-Guide and they're still standin tall. BUT, I'd JUMP on that Hodgeman deal at Cabela's in a heartbeat - and I think I will.

Mark
    Its an online deal only. I think the same pair in the store is on sale for $69 I paid $39.88 for the ones I ordered today. The sale is good till the end of September.I drove out there when I got off work to find out it was online only. guess I should have read the flier a little better. I did see a sign up for a free fly casting class on Saturdays that probably wouldn't hurt if I attended one or two. Darn, I guess I have (get) to go back out there this weekend.

David

You'll know when it's time to step up a class in waders...Those will be fine for a good while if you take care of them.
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

Waders showed up today. they feel strong enough. Although the size seems a bit odd. the stockings fit my feet well, but the legs seem wayyyy tooooo long.maybe I should go with a smaller size. from the "crotch" up they fit perfect. of course they were only $40

+ Reply to Thread