+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lucky Decision - Found Little lost gir.

Default Lucky Decision - Found Little lost gir.

Fishing at dusk at the dam. Hear a little girl yelling in the woods on the other side of the lake for mommy mommy. Keep wondering what is going on. There are no camps over there, no roads, no access....? Is this just a kid that fell down or child abuse going on or what? I keep listening and fishing. And stop fishing and listen. Cannot make out the reason for the wailings. Stops for a bit and starts in again. Finally decided to stop fishing and hike over there and check it out. Could be a bunch of men or who knows what. This lake is said to not be safe after dark as the dopies go there. Anyway I walk softly and quietly so I can hear. Keep going. I find a little 2-3 year old girl down among the rocks where there used to be water. She was actually wailing because she was lost, exhausted, and not on good old tierra firma but falling around in the big rocks where water used to be. She was down and silent. I spotted her pink shirt. Went and fetched her, cleaned all the snot and tears and stuff off her face. A little Indian girl. Ask her questions and she cannot answer. You could hear this yelling all over the lake but No ONE seems to be looking for a little girl!

Sorry, didn't mean to make it this long a msg....Carried her back around the lake and boy did I get wet on. (it wasn't lake water) I tried to assure her I would find her mommy. Got to boat ramp at dark and still no one is looking for this little girl! Called 911. They came, an uncle came, said parents were in town and HE was an uncle and didn't know the little girl was there..nor her brother. Anyway....let cops handle it. At cops direction I handed her over to her Uncle's wife. I went away. I purely think this is an extreme case of child neglect. The uncle said the kids were not in HIS camp, and the parents had gone to town!

Well, anyway I got lucky cause I decided to go find out what was going on. Poor little thing. Can just imagine how she felt bruised, lost, dark, no one looking for her. WOW!

Ended ok though.

that is horrible, but sounds like you definitely did the right thing. if nobody else appreciates it I'm sure the little girl does.

You did good Gemrod. Thank the good Lord you were there to help that little girl. I had a similar experience about ten years ago. I was fishing a river about 25 miles from home and heard a girl screaming and crying. I was on a trail above the river and ran down the hill to help out. I found a young girl of about 9 years old who had fell on the rocks and twisted her leg really bad. I helped her the best I could and went looking for help. I found her parents camped about 1/2 mile away and they had no idea that the girl had walked away from camp.

Rocky

Thumbs up

Gemrod, I offer a tip o' my hat to you.
    Jim

Born to fish - forced to work.

Wow Jim. Thank God you were there and followed your instincts. That could have turned out way different if not for you. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Gemrod,

Thanks for being a hero!
    "People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" -
    John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo

http://www.tenkaraflyfish.blogspot.com/

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Default Please keep us informed.

Gemrod,

That is certainly one of the strangest situations I have every heard of. Please keep us informed if you hear anything else about why the little girl was in the middle of the woods. You did a very good thing, my friend! 8T

Gemrod,
    Great job!
    Coughlin
    Calling flyfishing a hobby is like calling brain surgery a job.
    Paul Schullery

Gemrod,
    Good job.

Thank you for showing compassion on another human. Job well done. Now on her parents... No it's just not worth the keystrokes, but you dun gud!

+ Reply to Thread