+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Put a face to the name

Here's me:

This is an older picture but it's one of my favorites:
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin McFly View Post
    To answer Jim's question. My nickname has nothing to do with Marty McFly from Back to the Future, it's McFly because I love to fly fish, lol. Cut me a break, I decided the name in secs. If that's going to be an issue I can always change my nickname to Martin de la Fly or something or Martin McMosca LOL.

To post full size pix I opened an account on photobucket and copied the IMG link, it's an easy way to post pix anywhere. Send me a pm if you don't know how, I'll walk you through it.
    copy & paste the tag in here would ya please? take out the [ ]'s so I can see the syntax. I use imageshack.us & the tags it gives me for forums gives me that small pic

Default Imageshack

I just tried posting a photo from Image Shack and it only copies the link so the viewer is taken directly to your account. I tried different options but none of them worked for me. I'd try photo bucket it's easier IMHO. Maybe somebody else has another solution to the problem.
    I believe I can fly fish

Default me

this is my ugly mug!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mnklagoon; 08-24-2009 at 04:03 AM.
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

I was born at night, but not last night.
    Odds are with the prepared...

"The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Wink

Don't want to scare anyone.......

The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Quote Originally Posted by Martin McFly View Post
    I just tried posting a photo from Image Shack and it only copies the link so the viewer is taken directly to your account. I tried different options but none of them worked for me. I'd try photo bucket it's easier IMHO. Maybe somebody else has another solution to the problem.
    I'll tinker w/ it thnx

Solowookie,
    It's a little more involved, but you can use the image icon in the reply box. It looks like a pic of a mountain and sun on the toolbar.
    First, go to your image in image shack, and get it full-sized (or whatever size you want to want it to show on the site). Right-click on the picture and select properties. Near the bottom of the dialog box that pops up is the address for the picture. Highlight and copy that information. Make sure you get all of it, because it may show up on the screen as several lines.
    In the FAOL reply screen, select the "Insert Image" icon, paste the address in the dialog box, and select ok. At that point, you can preview your post to make sure it looks like you want it to. Try to limit your images to 640X480 pixels max. Bigger images tend to force you to have to scroll left to right to see the whole image, and any long sentences want to runn off of the edge of the screen.

Good luck, and let us see those pics.

Kirk

PS There may be minor variations on this, since some sites handle pictures differently. If you try this on a thumb-nailed page, you will get a link to the thumb-nail.

KB

PPS. I don't have any pictures of my hairy mug, so y'all thank your lucky stars.

kb

Blog Entries

Last edited by Corvus; 08-22-2009 at 04:49 PM.
    If there are no dogs in heaven, I want to go where they go."

Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread