+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In the time of terrestrials - Shenandoah Valley limestoners

Default In the time of terrestrials - Shenandoah Valley limestoners

It's been one h3ll of a summer.

Apologies to the folks who have seen some of these on another board. Haven't posted a report here in a good long while and this is really more a collection of photos from early July through last weekend...

cont'd...

Hopefully more to come in the next several weeks...

Marty

3. Default Not tryin' ta steal yer thunder

Has anyone done anything on the San Juan or the rio chama in northern New Mexico lately? We're leaving for there sunday or monday.

And what a good collection of photos they are. Good to have you post again.
    Steve

Talking

Nice looking pics there Marty! I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say a couple those shots look like they came from Mossy... Either way they are some nice looking fish, glad you have been successful, I haven't been out recently due to Vacations and stuff, but Summer is settling down now around here even if the temps are in the 90's and very high humidity, the leaves are starting to drop and the night temps have that touch of cool. Thank you for the post, you always give me a goal to reach with them...

Tim
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Nice photos Marty. I'm taken with that picture of the monster brown. His length seems to go on forever.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Thanks fellers. Tim, some are definitely Mossy fish. I've been playin out there frequently, learning where some fish spend most of their time and figuring out how to trick 'em.

Lotech - that big fish was a real victory. I've seen him a handful of times always sulking on the bottom and by some incredible stroke of luck, he came lazily moving up through a gentle glide I was already fishin. He didn't see me and even came up for a bug right under my nose. He moved up and out of sight behind a bush but I tossed a small foam hopper at him - or at least where I thought he would be - and heard the take. Never saw it, but struck back and what a battle - 6X tippet, a slow 3wt and a 24 1/8" brown. I wish I'd had a fishin buddy with me to snap better photos - my heart was thumping!

Will post up a few more after this weekend...

Thanks for the great pictures. Makes me want to get out on the water this weekend. Right now in our area in PA we are experiencing some high water which is unusual for August.

Default Summer and the saga continue...

Another trip out with outstanding results---

Hope to get back there once more this week before our upcoming vacation. Terrestrial season is winding down...

Default Nice fish, nice photos

Those are some nice looking fish!

+ Reply to Thread