+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Ordered My Dots

Default Just Ordered My Dots

Many of you are probably familiar with the " Fly Rod Dots" but as a member for only a few months I had not heard of them. What a great idea. Just a couple of weeks ago I stood at the back of my SUV and spent a bunch of time trying to dig my leader out of my fly reel then finally ran it up the guides and while picking out a fly the 7x tippet slipped from my hand. Then I had the leader waving in the wind 8'6" above my head....lol. Can't wait for my Dots to show up. Of course I added the FAOL Dot to my order.

Bill

They are handy. I think you'll like them.
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

pafisherman;
    I use them and love 'em. Gave a bunch out as gifts too.
    Jerry also has an I.D. tag for rod cases, seems like I'm always opening the wrong one!!

I've heard of the dots. But what are they? All I have heard is "better get your fly rod reel dots today".

What are they, how do you utilize them? Do you just wind all the line and the dot just sticks the END of the leader to the reel?

Cud u pls explain them to Plain Old Dumb and Dumber Jim?

I have color coded yarn tied on my rod cases. I know what is in the whte one, what is in the green one, etc. But ID tags would be better.

Gem

I'm with Jim "what are Dots?"

-ST

------------------
    [url=http://www.flyfishingwis.com:a5347]www.flyfishingwis.com[/url:a5347]

They are one handy little item. I use the ones that let you record the type of line and leader. Never can remember which leader I've got on!?
    Gem;
    Very close.

------------------
    I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here!

Cactus

Just go to the sponsor page & you can get to the Fly Reel Dots website. The website gives a better explanation than I could. They work GREAT!
    Mike

------------------
    This site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Save yourself some dough and learn to thread your guides with the fly line loop/knot end of your line. That is one of the first things an old buddy of mine showed me when I was a newbie.

Just put on your leader and tippet, then grab the loop that connects to your fly line and thread that through the guides - very simple. And if you let go, the loop will get stuck in the guides. Very easy.

brandon

With all due respect, have you looked at Jerry's website? If you do, you'll notice many uses for his fly reel dots and case dots. And they have nothing to do with threading your line/leader through your rod guides. What they can do is keep the end of your tippet from getting buried in your spool.

Check them out. I think you'll like em!
    " If a man is truly blessed, he returns home from fishing to the best catch of his life." Christopher Armour

nighthawk Guest

[url=http://www.reeldots.com:6671a]http://www.reeldots.com[/url:6671a]

Theys little jewels are handy on the tying bench as well. They make great gifts too. I wouldn't be without them. A great product from a great guy.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

+ Reply to Thread