+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well, it's been a while...

Default Well, it's been a while...

Hello, good people.
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Some of you may be able to stretch waaaaaaaay back in your memory and recall the name at the top of this post. Myself, I can't remember it myself half the time.
    First, sympathies on the loss of JC. He and Dee contributed volumes to the fly fishing community over the lifespan of FAOL, and continue to do so. Salute.
    Hoping to get to re-know some of you, and become acquainted with the rest in the months to come. I'm not real active on forums these days, but for one or two...so many irons in the fire.
    Best regards from the Rez,
    Roger Stouff
    P.S. Oh, I'll be bringing in a couple buddies, too. Hope that's OK.

Roger,

Welcome back, it's always good to see some of the "old" regulars show back up to contribute.

Jim Smith

Welcome home Roger. It's good to see you posting again. You've been missed.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Stouff View Post
    Hello, good people.
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello. Some of you may be able to stretch waaaaaaaay back in your memory and recall the name at the top of this post. Myself, I can't remember it myself half the time.
    First, sympathies on the loss of JC. He and Dee contributed volumes to the fly fishing community over the lifespan of FAOL, and continue to do so. Salute.
    Hoping to get to re-know some of you, and become acquainted with the rest in the months to come. I'm not real active on forums these days, but for one or two...so many irons in the fire.
    Roger Stouff
    P.S. Oh, I'll be bringing in a couple buddies, too. Hope that's OK.
    Couple of buddies?....Looking forward to hearing from at least ONE of those "DUDES"...right, Rog?
    Welcome back!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Welcome back Rodger, looking forward to some of your writing.
    Hope you've got some stories for us

Who's next ?? Miscus and the Dude ??
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

YES!!!! I saw your name earlier today as our newest member, but was so afraid it was a typo!!! Roger, I'm thrilled!! BEYOND thrilled!!! So good to have you home!!

OMG!!! Just say "Uncle Larry" listed!! Gasp!! Was the "Flats" I saw earlier today really ....... Nah! That'd just be too much to ask!!!!!
    Last edited by Betty Hiner; 08-12-2009 at 11:29 PM.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Dave Micus...now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time! Lost contact with Dave when he moved out west. He grew ever more...distant, and not in just miles, then he just stopped writing. Sad. I liked the guy a lot.

Thanks all for the warmth and hospitable welcomes. While "home" may be overstating this visit a bit, it is good to see some of your names again.

R

Thumbs up

Roger,
    As far as Micus, my daughter coerced me into getting on facebook & Micus added me as a friend. He was in Missoula, MT & is now in the middle east! I'll give updates when I get them.

Betty...I missed the "flats" post, but could be as I'm sure his "handle" was deleted due to time since last post. I'll have to check to see if it IS Gary. Great to have all these guys & Diane back, isn't it?...Feels like a "re-union"!
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Great to see you here, Roger. I've wondered how you're doing. So how are you doing?

Fair to middlin'. Have taken to being something of an "itinerant angler" and fishing north Louisiana streams like this one, rather than swamps and bayous at home. We were just recovered, fisheries wise, from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita when Ike and Gustav hit and destroyed the whole shebang again.

I didn't know such wonderful places existed in La. until a couple years ago. They are exceedingly rare, and three hours or more away from where I live, but they are beautiful and magical. Full of spotted bass and bream.
    Other than that, been engaged for two years now, planning a wedding when we get around to it, which could be tomorrow or a year from now! Working, writing for my two websites, and the like. Balder, eyes worse than I want to admit. Heading to the Ozarks in the fall for some fishing!
    Best,
    R

+ Reply to Thread