+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recovered with a mimi vacation

Default Recovered with a mimi vacation

Not too sure where to post this so I'll just set it here .
    We had made plans to go up to Nova Scotia this summer.
    Well if you want to give God a laugh tell him "your plans".
    Trailer for our bikes failed , then after discovering 1 problem was going to the parts store to get a part and the truck decided to start coughing (fuel injected trucks are not supposed to cough) . That was the end . I pulled the plug on the trip ( these were the final , not the only straws) and the bride has been walking around like a bear with a boil on its butt , that is how disappointed she is .
    ANYWAY, we took some advice from "Bluegill 222" and headed up to Iowa . Highland Iowa more specifically and stayed at "Bear Creek Cabins" and had a really good time. Don't expect a lot of amenities. Count on a very cute little log cabin that is CLEAN and COMFORTABLE . Go to the web site for more info. I met with the owner and he's a bit like me about the internet . He doesn't exactly know how it works , he just knows its there and that it does work. So he got some folks to make a web site for him and basically his only real instructions to them was to "Not be deceitful, show the place like it really is ". I am here to testify , the place is the real deal. Heck , it still smells woodsy in there .
    The fishing there is small stream , for me a bit of a casting challenge at times as some of the stream has overhangs ,debris in the stream , tight spots galore. In short , a great place to fish . Got lots of good healthy fish there , not into the hundreds per day but still very respectable numbers and like I alluded to last sentence , the fish were very healthy. Not the standard been pounded to a frazzle fish that a lot of streams have . Got caught a bit shy on flies though. Went prospecting and the only thing that the fish seemed to want were bead head hares ear in a # 16 and a # 16 gold ribbed hares ear ( not the wire ribbing either , oh no , had to be the oval gold ribbing , fussy little rascals) .
    Remember the part about casting challenge ?
    Many of my bugs ended up in the trees ( Keepest thy backast upeth? ) so ended up with one GRHE to work with .
    I am not qualified for to enter a one fly competition.
    I did however make that little fly last for probably the last ten fish before it was unrecognizable. .
    So ended my day on Bear creek in Iowa .

Sound like you had a good time and found a great great away. I was wondering what your wife thought about you taking this Mimi and going on vacation with her there at home wanting to go to Nova Scotia.

Dyslexia of the fingers will get you in trouble like that.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

sounds like fun, and you didn't have to cross any boarders to get there. (with all the headaches that can include these days)

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

+ Reply to Thread