+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: neck lanyards

Normand Guest

Default neck lanyards

whats loaded on yours??

post a pic!

My camera. It's actually a furled lanyard I made specifically for that purpose.

My fly fishing gear either goes in shirt or shorts pockets or a chest pack which I can wear over the shoulder rather than around my neck.

John
    The fish are always right.

Sorry, Normand, I gave up on lanyards a few years back and only carry my camera which is also attached to my wader suspenders. I attach everything to the exterior of my chest pack as I also gave up on vests around the same time I quit the lanyard.
    I'm sure there are still plenty who use one, and I'm also interested in what people carry around their neck.

Kelly.

(I got into the minimalist mode by fishing with John Scott and my buddy Buzz)
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

I don't use a lanyard. I prefer a little canvas daypack when I go minimal.
    Works fine on the little mountain streams I fish in the summer. Just roomy enough for all I need.

It would be interesting to see how others equip their lanyards though?

bobbyg
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

I tried one and didn't like it at all. My friend calls them hippie beads for fisherman. If they work for you, great. I would need a pair of forceps, line clippers and floatant as a bare minimum but those and more are in my vest or on zingers built into the vest. A good vest is a thing of beauty.

nippers, hemostat, whistle, and compass
    ....and plenty of hippie beads
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Nippers on a zinger, fly drying patch, & Gink.

I tried to use the tippet holder as well, but the tippet spools got in the way. I keep 'em in my pack. Hemostats are clipped to a loop on my shirt. Small fly boxes and stream thermometer in my shirt pockets. All else in the pack.

I took some old 14 weight fly line, spliced enough together to make a lanyard and have my nippers and hook file on it, nothing else. I only carry a fly box, tips, and tippet with when I fish so don't need much. Minimalist. Used to use zingers until one slipped out of my fingers shot back and snapped off causing me to lose my favorite nippers in the river. No more zingers after that.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Blog Entries

nippers on a zinger, file, bottle of floatant, hemostats. and a clip to keep it from flopping around when I go to net a fish.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

I don't use one. They look entirely too much like hippy chick jewelry for me.

+ Reply to Thread