+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville Lake Carp-ala-pooza

1602 NE 180th Ter Smithville MO 64089-9120.

Default Smithville Lake Carp-ala-pooza

Saturday Saturday Saturday 8th of August 0700 meet at my house 1602 NE 180th Terrace Smithville Mo 64089. I will shuttle you and you belly tube into the park to save the 5 buck entry fee.
    Post up lets go!
    Steven Adler

I'm so there... kinda scared though wife bought me a new John Deere hat so I'll be test driving it as my old one has just about had it. Will bring old hat with me just in case.

Steve

Steve-- Put the old hat, the new hat, and a box of your favorite flies in a box, close the lid, and let them marinade in each other's mojo for a few days. That should do it, but I'd probably also bring the old hat along, just don't let the new hat see that you've got it, or it'll think you don't believe in it.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

I like the idea of marinating the old and new togethermight have to try that. I'm pretty convinced ithas something to do wiht sweat stains though so I've been wearing it to the farm to try and get a couple stains going.

Steve

Tell me there will be more than just Steve, and I ... Steve??? Steve and Steve... now it's going to feel like I'm talking to myself all day. Come on guys I know someone wants to go check out these monster dock carp, I know I've seen fish that would go 40+ lbs there at the dock. I'm gonn a have the 7wt and the 10wt with me just i case the really big boys do show up. I'll have plenty of flies to share and lose I'm sure I'll lose plenty myself but I can always use help.

Steve, or is it Steve? I'm so confused.........

I'd love to chase carp with you guys, but alas, I have to work. Heck, it would be worth going just to hear lines like "Hi, I'm Steve, and this is my brother Steve and my other brother Steve."

i'd love to go, but am on call for two more weeks and really can't leave the city. if the low water periods they are predicting for the white river actually occur, am going to go down thurs evening on the 20th, fish all day the 21st and the morning of the 22nd and be back in k.c. by the afternoon (august of course). i'm watching the generation schedules religiously and am definitely going to go if it works out. if anyone is interested in a quick, cheap trout trip give me a p.m.

Getting ready to load the belly boat here in a minute and head out the door!!! Need some coffee on the way, and can't wait to get after those buggers! See yall on the water, and in the funny papers.

Steve

Getting ready to go to work. Catch a bunch and try not to fall in.

1602 NE 180th Ter Smithville MO 64089-9120.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill222 View Post
    Getting ready to go to work. Catch a bunch and try not to fall in.
    Bunch caught. I think between the two of us we caught 15 fish. Biggest was 12lb avarage around 8. SteveP caught the biggest at 12lb on the boga grip. My largest was a shade under 11. Avarage fish on line time was 15 to 20 minutes but I had a 10 pounder that took about 40 minutes to land. It was funner than three barrels of monkeys!
    MY ARMS ARE SORE!
    Steven Adler

Film at 11!

+ Reply to Thread