+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norhtland KC MO

1602 NE 180th Ter Smithville MO 64089-9120.

Default Norhtland KC MO

Anyone up for fishing this coming Staurday?

Unhappy

I would, but I'll be working. I hate overtime... Love the money, hate the overtime.

Tim
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

When and where??? You know I'm in just give me the details and I'll be there with bells on.

Steve

Hey how about Park(Guy B) Anthony and Beatrice Kendzora Conservation Area,
    or Little Bean Marsh CA?
    Last edited by Icemanxxxv; 08-03-2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: More Info

Hav not fished littel bean since I was a kid and last I heard there was a HUGE ffish kill in 04 and it has not yet recovered. Guy B sounds great... don't know about he other.

Steve

Hey there, Im new to this site and new to fly fishing. My first time was in Colorado a couple weeks ago. Ive been fishing my whole life, almost 25years and fish mainly Smithvile Lake. (I live 10mins from there.) I had soo much fun and a pretty good success in the very cold streams and rivers in the mountains, I have found my self wanting to fly fish all the time and cant wait to get back on the water with my fly rod. Where are the best places to fly fish up around this area? I dont think my rod (bought at a baitshop for $30) will handle carp or catfish. I think it is 5-6wt. is that ok for bass. Im not trying to high jack this thread. Thanks and I look foward to learning a lot about my new hobby from this forum.
    David

David I live just outside Paradise Point entrance to Smithville Lake by the Golf Course. We should get together and fish sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Dblackman View Post
    Where are the best places to fly fish up around this area? I dont think my rod (bought at a baitshop for $30) will handle carp or catfish. I think it is 5-6wt. is that ok for bass. Im not trying to high jack this thread. Thanks and I look foward to learning a lot about my new hobby from this forum.
    David
    I think you 5-6 wt would be fine for avarage size cats and carp just don't high stick em!
    A float tube would open up lots of possibilities on Smithville lake away from the crowds!

In the evenings sometimes I grab my float tube and Fish Remote Lake behind the dam. It's quiet and calm back there. Not so good for shore fishing due to the trees and brush around it but from a belly boat it's fun. Lot's of Hybred Blue Gill and some Bass.

If I could ever figure out how to get into my float tube from my pontoon boat with out drowning It would open up a lot of the lake for fishing. I was a shore catfisher for a few years before I got the family pontoon. There are some places on the lake I would like to fish from my belly boat like Honkers Cove, O Highway access, and a few others that would be intresting. Access off of J highway and Short road. The bridge passed paradise has a nice access. Plattsburg boat ramp area on the river arm of the lake.
    Someday I'll get around to these spots they are easy car access and I've not run across many people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Hav not fished littel bean since I was a kid and last I heard there was a HUGE ffish kill in 04 and it has not yet recovered. Guy B sounds great... don't know about he other.

Steve
    My neighbor fishes Beatrice Kendzora Conservation Area. It's about 100 yards from the road to the lake up the dam face. They drag one of those little plastic pond boats up the dam. They go quite often seem to do well. It has a great population of Bass according to them. I'm just wanting to check out new areas. So Guy B would be fine then maybe some other time we can fish Beatrice Kendzora Conservation Area or Smithville Marina for carp.
    Heck we should have a Carpa-la-pooza at the marina. Get as many guys as we can a couple of bags of carp food feed em out away from the docks and hit em with tan pellet sized flies. I think it would be fun till your arms fell off!

Carpa-la-pooza would be fun even after your arms fell off.... I have baout 5 bucks in quarters in my change jar I'm ready when everyone else is just give me the word. I'm tying food pelets today and I'll tie a bunch of them so come on guys and let's go.

+ Reply to Thread