+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great website

Default Great website

Hello everybody,
    I have been checking this site for quite some time but I never took the time to register...the first thing I'm going to say is that I am so sorry JC is no longer among us, I never had the pleasure to meet him but I feel I owe him a lot since this website and all his instruction though it has helped me TONS with my fly tying and fly fishing in general. Actually I learned almost everything from him and this website. My deepest condolences to his family.
    Needless to say this website is my home page.

I moved to SoCal from AZ about 5 months ago and don't know any fly anglers in here. I have tried saltwater but my 10wt is just too much for the socal beaches. I'd like to get info on good waters around here, I live in Canoga Park. Anything I can do for you guys I'd be glad to.
    Later
    Martin

Martin;
    A big WELCOME ABOARD from Tennessee!!

I'm sure you'll get your answers here.

Welcome, Martin. There are a number of So Cal fly fishers who post on this and other fly fishing boards. If you want to find them, probably best to make that the title of your post.

I don't know the streams there, but the Kern river upstream of Bakersfield had a fair number of fly fishers the day I drove along the stream.

Welcome aboard here. I also learned a huge amount from FAOL when I was first taking up fly fishing and tying. One thing I noted was the variety of opinions on some subjects. That helped point me to the things that I had to test out and decide on my own.

Hi Martin. Welcome to FAOL from another So Cal fly fishing guy. Canoga Park huh? There are some fishable streams in the LA mountains, San Gabriel Mountains and San Bernardino Mountains. Most of us go to the Eastern Sierras from Lone Pine to Topaz Lake on the 395. You might check for local fly fishing clubs. One I know about is in Pasadena. Pasadena Casting Club: Al League, Altadena, CA 323-681-3756. Or you can check them out on the web at www.pasadenacastingclub.org
    Good luck and best regards. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Default Greetings, Martin ...

... and welcome from SE Idaho.

Since you already know pretty much what is on the site itself, I would encourage you to join in the discussions on the Bulletin Board. No end to the opinions offered here, and the regional slants on a lot of subjects, which can really broaden your view of this huge universe we call fly fishing.

John
    The fish are always right.

Talking

... and Welcome to 'ya from Canada!!

You'll surely get some more replies soon. I think they're all fishing this weekend
    Christopher Chin

Quote Originally Posted by fcch View Post
    ... and Welcome to 'ya from Canada!!

You'll surely get some more replies soon. I think they're all fishing this weekend
    No quite...I'm waiting for the crowds to leave and I'll be on my way back up to the Ausable (MI) on Monday for a week.

Another welcome from Canada...this time Ontario.
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh

"Catch and Release,...like Corrections Canada" ~ Rick Mercer

Another from Canada, ehh. Not on the water but close enough watching a video on Simon Gawesworth.
    Welcome to the multinational forum.............

Wow!!! Like I said, this is a great website, as great as you guys, that is a very warm welcome.
    I'm getting to know my way around here so I will be hitting the mountains one of these days. My main issue is not the place but the time, with a very young family and no relatives around I'm all the help the wife has with our kids (5 yo girl and 2 1/2 twin boys) so any free time I get is to chase the kids around the house . So right now I'm mostly tying flies or leaders.
    Canada, eh? One of my best friends, good old Jack, is from Canada and he has told me great fishing stories.
    thanks a lot guys you're the best I was starting to feel pretty lonely having nobody to talk about fishing with.

Martin
    Last edited by Martin McFly; 08-02-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Welcome aboard from Vermont

Fatman

+ Reply to Thread