+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bamboo Blanks

Well thanks for all the interesting dialog about my initial post. If anyone tries one of these blanks and has some feedback about the blanks please PM me and let me know. I will probably buy one anyway for a winter project. Import or American made I dont know yet, suppose it will depend on how much I save up and if I hear any feed back. I had an old "import" that I picked up at a garage sale years ago that I enjoyed fishing with before it suffered an injury. I would like to get another one, if anything just to have some fun assembling and fishing with occasionally.

I'll also add my 2 cents into the "other topic" which has sprung up in regards to this post. As it seems with anything these days you cant say or write anything without offending somebody. Sure H&H could have done a little better with the wording on their bamboo page, but its just advertising, and trying to appeal to folks who might want to buy one of these blanks.

Lighten up....have a beer...go fishing.

Yonks

Yonk - I agree, and if an individual made a statement on a website like that, it would be one thing. Just take it in stride, ignore it and move on. But for a respected business like H&H who has sold equipment to rod builders of all stripes for years to make a comment like that I feel is in poor form. I think they are better than that and the comment is innacurate. I also think they know or should know by now that it is innacurate (with the exception of course of a few bad apples who probably are elitists and should be equally called to account for the misguided things they say).

Good luck with your project!

Yonk,

Oh, and by the way, sorry that your original post got hijacked along the way. Don't mean to drag you into the middle of a squabble that you very obviously did not mean to start.

Like I said, good luck and if you have any questions along the way, I am sure that you will find plenty of bamboo addicts on this site who will be more than willing to help you in any way we can!

Jim

First - sorry for hijacking the thread.

Jim - Well said, I won't purchase until H&H removes the offending remark.

Also, like Jim I too offer any assistance with questions etc. regarding your build, and most importantly have fun, that's what it is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by yonks311 View Post
    Well thanks for all the interesting dialog about my initial post. ..... I would like to get another one, if anything just to have some fun assembling and fishing with occasionally.

I'll also add my 2 cents into the "other topic" which has sprung up in regards to this post. As it seems with anything these days you cant say or write anything without offending somebody. Sure H&H could have done a little better with the wording on their bamboo page, but its just advertising, and trying to appeal to folks who might want to buy one of these blanks.

Lighten up....have a beer...go fishing.

Yonks

Well said Yonks. This stuff makes good BB fodder and I'm glad it didn't get unruly.

Get yourself a blank from wherever, finish it out and enjoy the experience. I hope (as we all do I'm sure) she turns out well and you get a lot of reward from your bamboo experience.

It really is a lot of fun...from making them to fishing them. I hope the bug bites you too...

Jeremy.

You guys may want to check out Rons' website for H&H.

He really is a good guy.

If you have quality concerns, ASK RON! He'll give you the straight answers.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I'm glad they have removed the original statements from the website (not sure why they put them up there in the first place). Personally, I don't have a problem with what is written there now.

Ditto.
    I need to go shopping.

This has been a poor week for me, so I'm not as quick on my feet as I should have been. I'd like to add one thing to this post ... for use in future posts.

If you have a complaint with a person, or company, or web site ... for heavens sake CONTACT THAT PERSON THROUGH THE EMAIL OR PM's privately. Disagreement over a sites wordings, or something personal, should never be posted on a board. Much harm can be caused by that. (keeping in mind that this individual business is a sponsor of this site, MUCH could have happened ... ie; dumped sponsorship)

If you have problems like this, or questions, take them to the responsible party.

WE are the future of flyfishing. We can promote it healthily, or screw it up major league, by what we say and/or do.

OK ... I lied ... there's one more thing. Yonks, I hope you get a blank. Any blank. Build it, fish it, and have a total ball with it!

That's all.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Default As an aside........off topic

Just noticed.........congratulations Betty on your 3000th post!!!

When do you find time for fishing?

Bob
    When you can arrange your affairs to go fishing, forget all the signs, homilies, advice and folklore. JUST GO.

+ Reply to Thread