+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Visit with Flybinder - pic heavy

Default Visit with Flybinder - pic heavy

OK,
    here's the low down on the trip out to Oregon to visit flybinder.

As mentioned in the other thread, there was a misadventure with the airlines. OK, it was all my fault in that I missed the flight, but we won't talk too much about that. You see, my loving wife still has not decided what she's going to buy in retaliation. She said something about a Mercedes or BMW but I'm not sure what that was all about.

Once we finally got to Oregon, all was good.

We went digging clams one day and had eggs and clams for breakfast.
    eggs

Fried Clams

The kid got the biggest clam of the trip

Default Part 2

Daniel and I are both kind of History buffs so we had to go to Fort Clatsop, the winter quarters for Lewis and Clark

Default Part 3

We did some fishing:

Default Part 4

And we caught what Flybinder assured us was state record fish. I guess the fish in Oregon are stunted from the short growing season so it does not take much to be a state record.

And fished a little more

Default Part 5

Then we spent some more time combing the beach, helping people dig cars out of the sand and just enjoying some perfect Oregon beach weather.

And drove across what I believe is the longest bridge I've ever been on.

All in all, it was a very good trip. The best part for both Daniel and me was to meet Flybinder face-to-face. He and his loving wife made our visit a pleasure.

Paul, thank you!

Jeff and Daniel

Where's Waldo? lol

Nice pictorial. Is this your first time out to the west coast? When I was a kid we traveled along the coast of Oregon for a summer vacation. It was one of the best vacations ever. Your pictures brought back memory I had forgotten.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Great pictures of you and your son. Where are the pictures with Paul? Did you fish with his neighbor? Where are the pictures of/with Paul? Where's the pictures of Pauls beloved puppies and goats? Where are the pictures of Paul? Why do I feel cheated?
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Thumbs up

Thanks for taking us along on your trip, I really enjoyed your pics!
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Jeff,

Looks like you and the "D" man had a great time. While I suppose it's near impossible to do everything available on a trip, it sure looks like your guys gave it your best shot! Thanks for the super story and the wonderful pictures. Glad you made it both to and from Oregon safely. I was a little worried for you after your false start!

I'm with Joe V though on the pictures of Paul. If you have any we'd love to see them. Again, thanks for the post and the pic's. As usual you did a great job.
    Joe Bertolini

Jeff,
    I just spent some time last week with some people from WA who have a cottage in Seaside. I asked the kids what their favorite things to do. They liked "clamming" also. They invited us to use the cottage sometime. Looks like a beautiful area. We hope to get up that way next year. Thanks for sharing the pictures! Flybinder offered to help me out on my Oregon trip last year but we never made it to Seaside. Spent most our time in the Columiba River Gorge. My wife said that is one fine looking son you have!
    Tom

+ Reply to Thread