+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats ya'lls opinion/

Default whats ya'lls opinion/

My wife and daughter just bought me a Redington CPS Rod (5wt 4 peice) and I would like to get the opinion of the people on here. Te rod got good reviews on Cabelas' web site but I dont think all of those opinions are authentic. Any opinions would be helpful since I dont want to find out that the wife and daughter wasted my money, haha.
    Never brag about you equipment or skill. One is obvious and the other will be.

http://s3.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=89095

If your wife and daughter gave it to you, it's irreplaceable. It's the finest rod on the planet.

Other than that, don't have a clue.
    Steve

Thumbs up

Besides being irreplaceable as a gift from your wife and daughter, the CPS is a GREAT rod! If you like fast action rods, it doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

Every thing I've heard about them has been good. I don't have one, but I've always been happy with the Redington rods I do have. A rod given to me my someone I care about is the the best rod I own, doesn't matter what it is.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Blog Entries

its a quality rod, if you like the action its a great rod, if you don't like the action its still a quality rod, Other peoples opinions on Rods and Food don't mater, its all personal taste.

Being that it is a gift, smile and learn to cast it, I'm sure that if you don't love it you will find a niche where it fits in your casting arsenal.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

I own a CPS 904-4 and I think it's a dandy rod. Your new 5wt ought to serve you well. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Default thanks guys

I appreciate the input. As far as the rod being from some-one I love, well, I dont know if you can classify my addiction fly-fishing or fishing in general as love seein as how I usually dont ask my wife to go. My daughter, thats another story. If I so much as think about goin out the door with a rod of any kind in my hand without her, Im in BIG trouble, haha.

Thumbs up

I've tried a series of the CPS in 5 up to 8. I found them to be wonderful rods. Cost aside, the action suits me very well. The rods would respond to whatever I asked them to do.

Then, take into account the cost of the rod and it's an excellent rod (for my style of casting).

Side by side with my Sage XP's they did very well, so you see, cost isn't a measure of a good rod.

Have fun with it. It should serve you well.

Tight Lines!
    Christopher Chin

I was test casting rods at a local shop last fall. Tried the CPS and bought one then and there. Nice rod. Considering it's from your wife and daughter, it's a wonderful rod.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Default haven't had a

chance to cast the new 5wt yet, but i will this week-end. Ron, as far as the cost goes, my wife said she gave 150 for it since it was no longer going to be carried by Cabelas. I had seen the price of them before and I told her she made a decent buy. Thats my opinion anyway. I will let you guys know how I like it after I get a chance to cast it.

+ Reply to Thread