+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some thoughts on the board

I too find myself going in other directions this summer. My boys are home for maybe their last summer together and I find myself spending all my available time with them. We also have been taught how to turn wood on the lathe we've had in the corner for many years so I come home from work and they're both in the shop, one turning wood, one drilling, gluing and I join them. Last night I grabbed my portable tying desk and tied up some bluegill flies while watching and listening to them.

Momma came out about 7:30 and rang the dinner bell. I looked up and she was crying as she realized times have changed and may never be the same.

NH, thank you for your pm's and sharing on the board. I too will be lurking and not quite as active. Maybe when fall comes.....I may be back with more gusto.
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

Eric,
    Like I told someone else just recently ... when it seems right again ... we'll be here with open arms.
    Hugs,
    Betty
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I, too, haven't been posting much lately, but it's computer issues and spending time out fishing instead of here talking about it and family issues and the occasional health thing and yard work, and... well you get the picture. Nothing to do with you. In fact I've generally enjoy your posts. I'd hate to see 'em go, but like Betty said, we'll be here when you feel like coming back.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Blog Entries

Unhappy

Eric, Good luck in life's path, if it brings you back, I look forward to talking with you again. I have noticed that B-Boards are in a constant movement, look at the Friends of FAOL list and look at those who you never hear from. Life moves on and so must we.

Good luck in your future endeavors

(the other)

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Hey Eric, I understand. I just want to let you know that I always relate to your posts...I'm a lone wolf myself, and some of the personal issues you've shared are the same as mine...and I look forward to your return to the boards.
    Dave
    The most valuable thing I've learned about fly fishing is just how little I really know.

"With integrity, nothing else matters. Without integrity, nothing else matters." ~ Winston Churchill

Cool With sorrow...

Dear friends, I know many of you have not posted because you still feel grief for JC's leaving us. Me too. I've had great difficulty in just saying "thank you" for all the wonderful comments about him. But life goes on, and it, and FAOL will do just that. There are neat new things coming - some which will make the site more fun, some to make it easier to find what you want. Some of these things have been in process for over a year - but now they will be done. Thanks to all of you who have been so loyal and loving. I will not soon forget.

I'm a guy who hates change. Don't like to see people go, but do like to see new ones appear... go figure! Like many other things, this site has changed, but I always felt for the better. I always hope that there will be a place for all who want to participate on FAOL, especially those who carry on the spirit of camaraderie and good will that has always seemed to be present here.

I also hope that those who leave here, willingly or unwillingly will be remembered and welcomed back at the proper time.

Blog Entries

Eric I have always enjoyed your company but I understand. I go warm and cold about faol as well. I have been having a hard time getting used to the fact that Jim is no longer with us and have not been very active of late. I will miss your straight up no nonsense advice from time to time. Take care my friend.
    Roger
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Default Restlessness or boredom

Eric,

I know you're here. Aren't you? You are. I know you are... Anyway,...

I was a bit absent for a while not too long ago. I still lurked around but wasn't posting much. Maybe some folks noticed, maybe not. I was just kinda bored with things for a while. Not FAOL really, but things in general. Needed a little spice in my life, I guess.

I can't say as I found any spice, but the mood to post here again returned. I haven't been out fishing enough to write anything for the Warmwater section yet, but that too will come back at some point.

Eric, stick around. You don't have to be the most active poster, just wait for the mood to return and then pop in a say, "Hey." Someone said, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." And it does occasionally. I appreciate you, not only as a friend here on FAOL, but as a fellow veteran and supporter of those who serve. I just think you need to know that.

For EVERYONE else who's reading this... Yes, I know you're there. I appreciate all of you, too.

Tim
    Jesus still hangs out with fishermen.

Eric,
    As rainbowchaser stated, I'LL always be here, although I haven't posted much lately due to Maggie's upcoming wedding & my new job.
    You have to take care of yourself & Amy, so I respect your wishes, but I WILL be talking to you soon. As was already posted, we will all welcome you upon your return. ...Until then,
    God Bless,
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread