+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mountains rock!

Default Mountains rock!

I'm fortunate to live within driving distance of the Sierras--home of some of the most incredible mountains and streams anywhere. And it felt like forever waiting for a time to get back up to altitude to do some serious stream and creek fishing. It finally happened yesterday. The day started something like this:

And then turned to periods of this: (that's hail!)

But between the breaks in hail, rain, and thunder, the rewards can't get any better:

And they just kept coming:

I don't know about you, but it doesn't matter about size and numbers when the fish are this flat out gorgeous. And yeah, I'll be honest, it was a really good day because there were a lot of fish, but what made it even better... every single one was on a dry. Hot dog, this is fun!

I sure am glad summer is just getting started!

John

Thumbs up Yeah!!!

jburge, thats some great looking water, the kind I like to fish! I am really glad you had the opportunity to get out and enjoy it! All on dry's? That's my kind of action too... Thank you for sharing your fishing trip with us...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

John, Yeah Buddy! Thanks for the report. I was there in the eastern Sierras a week and half ago. Got into snow at Virginia lakes. Thanks for the report and nice pictures. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Man you really need to stop posting these pics of these fishing areas near sacramento. I'm still kicking myself for not having the time for fishing while I was living there!

ffb, Hey, sorry man. I can't help myself And tell you what, if you have the chance to get back down this way, drop me a note and we'll get into some fun fishing.

jimsnarocks, Yeah, I heard the eastern side stayed dry. I was on the western side between 5,000 and 6,000 feet. Funny thing was, on the way back home, around 3,000 ft everything cleared up and was sunny. You can sure tell where the cloud banks back up.

Grubb, I'm addicted to dries! Nothing like watching that perfect drift get attacked when you least expect it.

John

Now you gotta do THAT too?! I'll be in Sacramento this saturday....but for a wedding and meeting up with some friends from school. UGH. I guess I'll need to take a week trip down there sometime so I can incorporate everything.

Ooooo, I guess that's like salt in the wound, eh? We still have the whole summer. Yee ha!

Outstanding report and great pics. Keep 'em coming. Always wanted to fish the Sierras, just can't seem to get that way with all that's around me here. Would love to catch a Golden Trout someday.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

+ Reply to Thread