+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lord Stanley Bring Me The Brandy! Congrats Pens (not ff)

nighthawk Guest

Default Lord Stanley Bring Me The Brandy! Congrats Pens (not ff)

Somebody pinch me please! I woke up puking from my meds this morning and thrilled to death that my Penguins won the 2009 Stanley Cup. Against all odds and a great Detroit Red Wings team. Both of those teams played their hearts out. Both are true Champions.Thanks to the Wings and their fans for a fun series.

Congratulations Pittsburgh Penguins and Fans!

http://penguins.nhl.com/team/app/?se...alleryId=11729

"It's a Great day for Hockey!", Badger Bob Johnson.

eric,

are you dancing in the streets yet? i happy your team won!
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mnklagoon View Post
    eric,

are you dancing in the streets yet? i happy your team won!

Thanks! Unfortunately the only dancing I have done today is in the little room with the Porcelain Goddess! Mega doses of tetracycline and ciprofloxacin that must be taken on an empty stomach will do that to a person.

I am serious in my praise of the Wings and their fans too. You have nothing to be ashamed of. With the exception of game 5 every game in that series was a tough, hard hitting, down to the last minute affair. Both of those teams poured it all out on the ice. Anyone who has ever had a professional sports team make it to a championship round knows what an accomplishment it is just to get there!

Congratulations! but you know the cup is coming home next year, right? Mean while Get out and drink out of the Stanley Cup while your filled with anti-biotics. The Red Wing players took it to a number of charity events around Mi where you could do it for a small donation and I'm sure the Penguins will too. It never struck me as terribly sanitary but you shouldn't have a problem right now.
    Last edited by rainbowchaser; 06-14-2009 at 05:29 AM. Reason: I can't type
    I can think of few acts more selfish than refusing a vaccination.

Eric,

It is indeed wonderful news. Pen's with the 'cup and Steelers with the Super Bowl. Any chance you can get some of the mojoe to rub off on the Pirates and get a World Series added to the list for this year? I'd love to see a Pittsburgh Trifecta!

By the way, hope you get to feeling better.
    Joe Bertolini

Default Reverse the old joke

Can we now reverse the joke that was on the BB a few weeks ago? Why is a hockey puck like a penguin? They both score points on Red wings!!!

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin Bill View Post
    Can we now reverse the joke that was on the BB a few weeks ago? Why is a hockey puck like a penguin? They both score points on Red wings!!!
    Hey Bill,
    Are you going to the parade tomorrow? I will have to settle for seeing on FSN Pittsburgh. My brother in law might be going to the 'Burgh to see it. He lives in Harrisville, Butler County.

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alra195 View Post
    Eric,

It is indeed wonderful news. Pen's with the 'cup and Steelers with the Super Bowl. Any chance you can get some of the mojoe to rub off on the Pirates and get a World Series added to the list for this year? I'd love to see a Pittsburgh Trifecta!

By the way, hope you get to feeling better.
    Joe,
    Dare we hope? The Bucs beat a pretty good team in the Tigers the last two games. Just 3 games under 500 and 4 games out of first in the National League Central. I would be happy with an above .500 season and nowadays that gives you a shot in Major League Baseball.

just remember that the "CUP" is just on loan to to the Pens. The Wings said they wanted other teams to know what it looked like.
    Both teams played great and you don't get to the finals by being slackers.
    Maybe in the off season Crosby can get some manners lessons. I know a couple of guys on red jerseys who could deliver them!
    Enjoy the party while it lasts!!

nighthawk Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cheffy View Post
    just remember that the "CUP" is just on loan to to the Pens. The Wings said they wanted other teams to know what it looked like.
    Both teams played great and you don't get to the finals by being slackers.
    Maybe in the off season Crosby can get some manners lessons. I know a couple of guys on red jerseys who could deliver them!
    Enjoy the party while it lasts!!
    I hear that you guys are going to open a cheese and crackers store to go along with that overstock of whine you have there. I also heard a rumor that Kleenex is going to be a Red Wings sponsor next year. Why didn't your team ask the Canucks how to beat us? They were able to do that this year you know.

+ Reply to Thread