+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Most-Almost all of you remember this car

Default Most-Almost all of you remember this car

2 weeks, 200+ parts, and 5 different cans of spray paint. PHEW!

The trunk even works!

Panfisha, outstanding!

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Thumbs up Nice work, Panfisha!

Super job on the model. Yes, I do remember it well. I was only 12 when the model first came out and you didn't see many of them new in my neighborhood. Most people drove much older models. The 57 become common in the early 60s when it were an older used car. 8T

im not old enough to remember when they were new but i know a little about them ,being the car buff i am. Great job putting that back to mint condition.
    ImHoss,

Dad had the BelAir Convertible when I was a kid. Great looking car. Sold it in '71 or '72 to raise money to build a house. Had a 327 in it, with hi-compression pistons and a 4 speed Muncie Gearbox. Ran like a scalded dog. Especially since it weighe over 2 tons.

Great job on the model.
    I just look at the real ones on Barret-Jackson and drool.

Kirk

Yep, I had one in 1959. My 57 BelAire had only a 283 w/2bbl carb and power-glide 2 speed auto transmission. Drove it like that for about two years until I got the "speed" urge. In went a big block 348 cu with "three deuces" progressive linkage and a 4 speed stick shift. Dad had a Shell gas station. Drove it like THAT for about 2 months until my girl friend,no drivers license, now my wife of 42 years, drove it into a brick wall while I was at a Blackhawks hockey game ( she was NOT injured). Didn't have enough insurance then so that was the END of that.
    Great model. Brought back memories.

Mark

When I was in High School my neighbor restored two 57 Chevy's. One to original specs the other was tricked out with a blower.

Nice job on the model!
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Very cool. I'm a big gear head myself. Own a 69 GTO drag car right now and use to own a 66 GTO & 71 Chevelle. Have some model I built for show pieces as well, great hobby.

Always been a fan of the 57 Chevy, but my fav is the 55'. Mainly because of a movie I love...ever seen "Two Lane Blacktop"? old movie with James Taylor. Seen that movie for the first time back in the early 80's when I was about 12 yrs old and fell in love with that 55 Chevy!

Nice work panfisha.....I'll have to dig out a few of my ones I did awhile back and show ya as well. Models are a great hobby, I actually kind'a miss not having time to work on them anymore. Nice clean job you did!

Steve

How about lining all of your models up and taking a pic of them all at once. I'll bet that would be impressive. Good work on the '57. If it were siver and black, with red interior, I'd have gotten choked up.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Default 57 Chevys in Istanbul

In 1967 I was in Istanbul, Turkey at the request of Uncle Sam. Every taxi cab in that city was either a '56 or '57 Chevy. Sure was strange looking seeing all those chevys everwhere.

Bill

+ Reply to Thread