+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're baaaaccckkkkk ...

Default We're baaaaccckkkkk ...

Dragged screaming and kicking all the way. Have stories to tell of the Black Hills, but must get lines, rods, clothing cleaned and put away first!

It was delightful, even without trouts ... funny though, they have fishes they call "browns" and some called "brookies". Good fun on the fly rod!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Now what was that stuff in that thermos you had???
    Wyo-Blizzard

Welcome Back guy's!! Sounds like a good time!

Talking

Welcome back Betty, Brookies, Brown looking? maybe you could posts some pics to see if someone here could help out with the I.D. of these fishes, strange sounding critters to me.
    One day they may put some trouts up in them hills, ya never know it could happen...

Glad you all are back home safe and have had a nice peaceful enjoyable time...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Here's one of the big browns... a little hard to manage on a 6' 5# glass rod!!

The other pic is what we ran into in Spearfish Canyon. Covered the roads and land with a couple inches, in about 10 minutes, and the temp dropped 20 degrees!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    <snip>It was delightful, even without trouts ... funny though, they have fishes they call "browns" and some called "brookies". Good fun on the fly rod!!

Browns and brookies and Bettys, Oh My!

Or was that "browns and brookies are Betty's, on fly!"

Warm regards,
    Ed

Holly cow!!!!

that's a lot of brown dubbing!!!!!!

Betty,

Those big browns are mighty tasty and it's almost impossible to choke on one of those bones. I love gnawing the meat off those ribs.

Where abouts did you find them little bitty hail stones? Usually the hail in SD is much larger than that. They musta imported some from Montana.

dphotoco, uh...that ain't a cow, holy or otherwise.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Talking

dphotoco, uh...that ain't a cow, holy or otherwise.

LOL
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    Dragged screaming and kicking all the way. Have stories to tell of the Black Hills, but must get lines, rods, clothing cleaned and put away first!

It was delightful, even without trouts ... funny though, they have fishes they call "browns" and some called "brookies". Good fun on the fly rod!!
    Betty,

What does one fish for in the Black Hills?

Glad to have you home. We missed you around here.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread