+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally got to go fishing with my best buddy!

Exclamation Finally got to go fishing with my best buddy!

I finally got a chance to go wade a creek near home with my favorite fishing buddy!! My little boy AJ is 4 years old, going on 18. We went Monday morning and he had a ball He didn't catch any, but I did let him hold and release one that I caught. And we seen a beaver, it was less than 20 ft from the bank. Which is about as close to a beaver as I have ever been, AJ loved it, though I am pretty certain wadeing the creek and playing in the water was the part he loved the most. I just hope this was the 1st of many many memories we can make together. One of these days, I am going to try to get a digital camera, then I'll be able to share with you guys more.

hNt
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

Hi Jason, I was wondering where you been. Thanks for checking in with a report. I'm glad your little guy had fun. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Blog Entries

Spend all the time you can with him, seems like last year my oldest was four she's about to turn 20

Thanks for the story, and if you have to, sell a rod or somthing to get a digital camera, you can buy another rod the pictures are gone forever. I wish I had one when my kids were young.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

What a special time to share with your son! I agree, get that digital camera because some opportunities only come around once. I'm looking forward to taking grandchildren golfing and fishing...it can't come soon enough.

Talking Digital camera needed

hungNtree,

Nobody should be without a camera to capture a four year old's fishing adventures and other such stuff.

If you'll PM me with your mailing address I will send you my older model digital camera that has been retired for about two years or so since my wife bought me a waterproof one a little while back.

Looking right now for the instruction booklet and the "stuff" that goes with it and hope we can find it. If not, reckon the HP folks would have an instruction booklet on hand that they'd be willing to part with.

Just changed the batteries and reset the date and time and tried a few shots and it seems to work okay.

It's an: HP - Photosmart 320 Model - 2.1 MP - 4X Digital Zoom

Jason,

Great post and I am glad you are finally getting out on the water. Don't forget, you have an open invitation to come fish with Jack and I as soon as you can work it out.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Memories are made with these trips. Thanks for the report, looking forward to hearing more.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

GMM -

That is a very generous thing to do. One of those things that makes FAOL the place it is !!

hNt -

Hope you take GMM up on his offer. Lots of us out here waiting to see pics of you and your kid having a great time together.

John

P.S. If you need an outline for how to post photos using www.photobucket.com, let me know. I can PM one that has worked for everyone who has used it.
    The fish are always right.

Talking Digital camera update & upgrade

hungNtree,

Sorry, couldn't find the instruction booklet or the connection cords for the HP Photosmart 320; but, I've got a better deal now. Told the wife what I was doing so she said he can have my older digital camera. She got a newer one this year.

This one's a beaut with all the bells and whistles: Nikon Coolpix 3100 - Zoom Nikkor 5.8-17.4mm 1:2.8-4.9

Have the Quick Start Guide, both CD-Rom disks, USB cable, and some extra Lithium batteries & extra memory cards but there's a big 2GB one in the camera. Haven't located the Video cable yet & "Important Information" envelope. Don't think the envelope is all that "Important" though and the video cable is just for a TV hook up. Also sending a nice carrying case that has all the space you need for the camera and goodies.

The total full cost will be some future photos of AJ catching his first fish and the proud poppa.

+ Reply to Thread