+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabelas Electronic Mosquito Repeller

Default Cabelas Electronic Mosquito Repeller

It there has been a thread on this, I am sorry. Do the solar powered electronic mosquito repellers work? They are only $10 and I go through a lot off Deep Woods in a year. Mixed reviews on Cabelas.

Bob

Would be curious to hear if they work ... or not.
    We're headed out fishing for a couple weeks, and I'm taking one of the Therma CELL mosquito repellant "appliances" with me. Will let you know how they work. I have really big hopes, especially with the black flies in Michigan!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't think they would work on black flies as the put out a tone that is annoying to the female mosquito. I have heard some people love them and some hate them, guess it depends on how desperate the mosquitoes are for blood.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Eric,
    The Therma CELL one works off a heated insect repellent pad, promising "repels mosquito and black flies". I hope it works. I think I still have a knot on the back of my neck from a black fly bite at last years MI fish-In!!!

If they're interested in blood, they're going to have to work really hard for it on me. Don't think I have much left!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

The Countrey is strangely incommodated with flies, which the English call Musketaes, they are like our gnats, they will sting so fiercely in summer as to make the faces of the English swell?d and scabby, as if the small pox for the first year. Likewise there is a small black fly no bigger than a flea, so numerous up in the Countrey, that a man cannot draw his breath, but he will suck of them in: they continue about thirty days say some, but I say three moneths, and are not only a pesterment but a plague to the countrey. -- John Josselyn, Two Voyages to New-England (1674).
    You need the right mind-set to deal with black flies
    http://www.mainecampsite.com/blackfly.htm
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

+ Reply to Thread