+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: spin fisherman....

Normand Guest

Default spin fisherman....

...are no doubt nice people except when your fishing a hole and one of them parks his azz 10 yards away from you when there's a couple of miles of accessible river where no one else is fishing! adding insult to injury, he pulls out a 12-14 inch rainbow directly in front of you! now that would just pizz off just about anybody. i'm still fuming!!

sorry for the rant. i wont bore you with the asian bait fishermen from last nite

What can you do, Laugh or push him in?
    All the best.
    Mike

I spin fish far more than I fly fish, but I promise I would never do that to you.

That's low. I hate when people do that.

I've seen many fly fisherman do the same...

Blog Entries

Just last weekend a friend of mine (spin fisher) was fishing along the beach. Along came a group of fly fishers who moved right in. Rudeness and inconsideration is not the property of any one group.
    Steve

I was fishing the Gunpowder River in Md when a fellow flyfisher not only did that but it was much worse. Was fishing a pool w/ about 10 rising trout when all of a sudden this guy just comes walking up the stream right through the spot I was fishing. When I asked him what he was doing he said "your dog put my fish down in that pool below so now i'm putting yours down." I don't own a dog and it wasn't mine so when I told him he tried to be nice and offer me some flies. I just walked away.

California Fishing Regulations book has a whole chapter on fishing etiquette. They printed it but I doubt if very many people have read it. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Wink It's going to happen!

Hey Folks,

This kind of thing is going to happen with regularity if you fish public waters. I've had an entire family of five + their two dogs wade and swim right through the pool that I was fishing. You may not always be able to laugh about it but it isn't worth ruining your whole fishing trip over. If you can't control your anger, it's only because you have an inflated view of both your own importance and the importance of your own activities. Suck it up, let the pool rest, and try it again in fifteen or twenty minutes. Just my 2% of a dollar. I'm sure others will disagree-----they always do. 8T

8T,

I agree with you, for what its worth.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

I also agree with 8t...and bad manners are not exclusive to just certain types of fishermen. I've seen rude fly fishers too.

BTW, last week, while fly fishing for trout (I posted pics in "fishing reports"), I walked "on land" on the far side of the stream from a live bait spin fisher & we talked awhile. He was a very nice, courteous young man who abided by the C & R signs (not mandated, just requested) & also left NO signs of his presence when he left. THAT fella can share my water anytime.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

+ Reply to Thread