+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Questions......

We were deep sea fishing out of Ensenada, BC, Mexico. A fellow fisherman asked one of the deck hands how far north we would have to travel to be on the Pacific Ocean. He said, "We are on the Pacific."
    The guy shook his head, "No. We are in Mexico so wouldn't this be the Gulf of Mexico?"

I work as a part time ski instructor. In the Colorado foothills near the continental divide the weather changes constantly and unpredictably. Weather forecasting is more of an optimistic guess than a science.

At least once a week I get asked 'what will the weather be like next Tuesday'? My answer: If I knew that I'd get paid a lot more!

Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public! While not technically a 'question' my all time favorite is when someone actually made it into the restroom toilet stall, still wearing their rental skis! She got stuck and had to call for help! How she got in there unnoticed I can't say, there is even a 6" step up at the front door!
    Last edited by kengore; 05-14-2009 at 10:24 PM.

Smile

A few years ago, my brother inlaw and I were doing a 10K Volkswalk in the town of Lake Oswego, Oregon. It was a hot day, so at the end of the 6 miles, so we stopped by a 7-11, to purchase a big Slurpee. The biggest Slurpee cup, did not look big enough to me, so I scanned to the left and noticed the biggest Pop cup was bigger! I proceeded to fill the Pop cup with my fav Slurpee flavor, took it to the counter, and when the Checker saw what I had done, he gave me an evil look, and i knew that there was going to be trouble! I asked him: "Is it alright that I did this?", and he said "YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE DONE THAT!" I was so damn thirsty, that I told him to charge me anything he wanted to!, so I recall that he charged me over $3.00, for my customized Slurpee. A few weeks later we stopped at a 7-11, in another town and there was this Notice: "Only Slurpee Cups are to be used for this machine"
    We joked for months about the trouble that I had started!
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

nighthawk Guest

The Ultimate Stupid Question is "Are You Sleeping?" closely followed by "Are You Awake?"!

One day at the scene of a fire I stepped back to catch my breath for a minute. You have to picture all the red fire trucks with their flashing lights. Also the street is covered with hose laying all over the place. A guy comes up to me and asks - was there a fire?

How about the 3rd post in my thread looking for help on getting stuck spools off an IC-3 reel. I got them off and made a post to let others know.

The question is "why did you have to use hot water to get them off".....Does THAT qualify" I just posted they were stuck and was looking for a way to remove them. How do you answer this question? Is the question about expansion, heat and cold...and the different expansion ratios between plastic and aluminum? Sorry. I am not a physicist.

Why did I have to soak them in hot water to get them off....because it works.

Why does Al Capone rob banks....because that is where the money is.

Gemrod

While dressed in waders and holding a fly rod in a multi-use parking lot I been asked a few dumb questions. Here's two:
    Are you going fishing?
    Are there any fish in the water?

Quote Originally Posted by LouT View Post
    While dressed in waders and holding a fly rod in a multi-use parking lot I been asked a few dumb questions. Here's two:
    Are you going fishing?
    Are there any fish in the water?
    I get asked that WHILE I'm fishing. :/

Years ago I worked in Grand Teton National Park, building trails in the back country. We had a horse packer who loved to fool with the "touri" (tourists). He had several packhorses loaded with a generator (gas) and several coils of power cord, to run a rock drill for making dynamite holes. We'd stopped to take a breather, when some hikers came along. We talked a bit, and then one of them asked the wrangler what he was going to do with all that power cord? He said "it's to run the generator." This guy asked, "where do you plug it in at"? The reply? "Welllll, we just string these extensions cords seven miles, back to Jenny Lake, and plug them in there". It was pretty hard to keep a straight face, especially when the guy believed him.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Similar to others, but this actually happened to me...

I grew up in Morro Bay, CA...a small coastal tourist town. Used to fish the docks and piers weekly. One day, while in High School, my friend and I were fishing off of one of the higher piers when a kid about 12 y.o. walked up and asked, "Are you fishing?"....

I replied that we were trying out for the olympic swim team, and that my partner was on the other end of the line...and I think he almost believed it.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

+ Reply to Thread