+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Irritated

Lightbulb

Jim, ... Been there!

If you are looking for any really difficult to find materials, ... drop me a PM, ... we have more stuff in the tying room than even the cat can use!

Oh ... and welcome to the family here (We'll always be there!)
    Christopher Chin

Blog Entries

a big "Welcome aboard!!!" from someone in youre area. but there definitely aren't many fly shops close around here. I know where Urban Angler is and have been there, but the two Orvis shops you mentioned i'm baffled about I'd say the best place to go would be Gander mountain, which isn't too far and has a wonderful flytying section. But i normally just go to craft stores for my supplies. there are some good places around Potomac Mills. the big Michaels store off Princewilliam parkway between potomac mills and I-95 is one great place. they normally have ringneck, golden, and amherst pheasant tail singles for very low prices. then the Joann fabrics on smoketown next to Gar-field high school is another great place. but if fly shops is what youre looking for, i'd have to say go with Urban Angler or gander mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by DDRRedneck500 View Post
    a big "Welcome aboard!!!" from someone in youre area. but there definitely aren't many fly shops close around here. I know where Urban Angler is and have been there, but the two Orvis shops you mentioned i'm baffled about
    There is an Orvis store near the Tyson's Corner Mall. If you take the Rte 7 exit off of 495 towards Tysons, pass International Drive, go under an Overpass, you'll see it on the right. There's a light where you make the right turn to get in. They've shrunk the fly fishing area but they still have a lot of good stuff there.

Jim

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Default Sounds like things are better already

Hi Jim,

Things are looking up for you already. A couple of new, close-by stores and a couple of new friends all from one post. I've done the same thing with a woman who just didn't want to be married any more and it hurt like hell. Even that will pass with time. Welcome to gang. 8T

One little suggestion, try to include your daughter in your fishing and tying activities. It would be a good bonding experience for both of you.
    Last edited by Eight Thumbs; 05-21-2009 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eight Thumbs View Post
    One little suggestion, try to include your daughter in your fishing and tying activities. It would be a good bonding experience for both of you.
    Thanks to my soon-to-be ex and her highly liberal friends, my daughter is now a vegetarian and won't touch animal products . Won't even go fishing with me now.

Jim

Sorry for your troubles. The passage of time helps, but time spent on the water even more so. I found a quote in a National Geographic Magazine some time ago regarding fly fishing, in an article written by Cathy Newman. It goes as follows: "If our concentration is fierce enough, we find safe habor, if only for an afternoon, in the holy water of a trout stream".
    I know many out there fish for other species, but I think you all get the drift.
    I'm sure you've already found out about the generous and supportive group here at FAOL, as evidenced by their responses, what a great bunch.
    Good luck in your journey.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Trouts aren't "animals"! They're trouts!!

Be there for her ... always ... with no incriminations towards her mother. Both of you, in the long run, will be thankful.

Krispy Kremes aren't animal either!! Much joy can be found with the fly rod and a box of KK's!!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimswanson View Post
    Thanks to my soon-to-be ex and her highly liberal friends, my daughter is now a vegetarian and won't touch animal products . Won't even go fishing with me now.

Jim
    Take her camping, enjoy the wild life, take her to a fish hatchery, you can expose her to a lot of what makes fishing great with out the fishing, perhaps that will come with time.

Eric

P.S. to help you feel better, sneek out in the middle of the night and put one of these on your soon to be ex's car

http://images8.cafepress.com/product...x350_Front.jpg
    Last edited by Eric-WD; 05-22-2009 at 12:15 AM.
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

By now you should be picking up a common thread here .
    Many of us have been in your spot.We all got the same advice.
    Its all true and only you can go through with your situation.
    Its taken 16 years for my daughter and I to have a "tenuous" relationship. Its a relationship.
    There are a lot more women out there so unless you are a complete toad you'll get another one of them too.
    Good vices are really hard to replace though! Remember too, some girls aint scared of even toads.
    Get one that ties her own flies and can build rods too.
    Get out and fish ,go danciing once in a while too , shows the girls you aint scared either.
    Welcome aboard and best wishes.
    Perch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Hiner View Post
    Trouts aren't "animals"! They're trouts!!

Be there for her ... always ... with no incriminations towards her mother. Both of you, in the long run, will be thankful.

Krispy Kremes aren't animal either!! Much joy can be found with the fly rod and a box of KK's!!!

A fly rod, a box of Krispy Kremes, and a box a white cheddar Cheez-Its.

(and okra for Joe V.)

Ed

+ Reply to Thread