+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does your gear stay in your Vehicle?

My truck has already been stolen once. I leave my flies in the truck but never my rods. The inconvience is worth not losing my rods which on my budget are not replaceable at the current time.

------------------
    Who has time for stress when there are fish to catch.
    Nick
    Your hooks sharp????

I keep a 4pc 8' 4wt in behind the seat of my truck with reel and a box of flies all the time. Most my gear stays in a safe place but If I feel like stopping at a local lake on the way home I have what I need!

------------------
    --------
    Let No One Walk Alone
    ><))))'>------<'((((><
    Bill
    Let No One Walk Alone
    <*)))))><{----------}><((((*>

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

I keep most of my gear in the trunk of my car year around since most of my fishing is done from boat launch areas going to and from work. Crime is low here and I am usually fishng within sight of my car. I keep my trunk closed and generally try not to display its contents (while rigging up) to any sleazeballs who might be hanging around.

I do, however, carry only the rod and gear that I am going to carry with me when I go up to fish the river. My trunk is empty when I fish. I've never had any trouble but I just don't take chances there. 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

I'm with Bamboozle. I don't have any room in my car, what with my beer and whisky. Fishing rods are usually relegated to the back seat or trunk, while my spirits are never out of reach.

Priorities, you know.

During the spring, summer and fall, YES! I just took them out this week as I got skunked for the first time since March and will not see too much weekday action until we get the daylight coming back after Christmas and some warmer temps. On weekend trips I tend to load up with extra gear but the every day gear is just a rod, reel, and full vest. Tall mud boots in the truck bed in lieu of waders for quickie after work sessions.

Steve

Well ofcourse! Living in Westfield, I am only a few minutes away from some good holes in the main branch. So anytime I can, which isn't that often anymore, I'm there.

I used to keep a fair amount of tying stuff in my truck too. Back when I tied at a friend's house.

-Gregg

------------------
    "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. "
    - General George Patton (1885-1945)

I take all my gear out after any fishing trip. I have a pickup also and they are not to good at hiding fishing rods or equipment. I also do not like to leave my equipment in the hot sun.

------------------
    Bill

DragonMa15,

We're neighbors. I work in W.Springfield. One of my favorite places is the Westfield River below the Gorge It is about 7 miles of beauty unspoiled by civilization.

ejd

My only vehicle is a Mountain Bike, I haven't found a good way to conceal my gear with it yet, but I will, .
    hahaha
    later
    Mike

EdD,

My truck is a Mazda B3000 and if weather permits, it will be at one of the access points on the Elk River or the Duck River. They have not stocked the Duck River for the winter fishing yet, so, all my fishing is on the Elk River. I look forward to meeting you and fishing with you. I have no problem showning you what I know about both these rivers as long as you are in to "catch and release". I enjoy fishing for the trout so much that I hate to see them killed. When the wife and I want fish to eat I will fish for bluegill, bass and black perch. Look me up anytime.

------------------
    Warren
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

+ Reply to Thread