+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank you!

Default Thank you!

Just a note to the veterans of this site and boards; thanks for the great tips and info you unselfishly share.

After 55 years of fishing I've just discovered fly-fishing for myself and a new world has opened up to me ... While I realize I've a lot to learn, that's part of the fun and I'm enjoying every minute.

This forum has been an invaluable source of information and I want to thank you all. Good fishing!

Maine, Now I've retired to North Carolina (just south of Fayetteville)

Welcome aboard Topper, I haven't enjoyed any forum more than FAOL. As you stated, an incredible amount of info here. ( and really great people )

Smile Greetings

Topper -

Greetings and welcome from SE Idaho.

With 55 years of fishing under your belt, you have a leg up on most of us.

But you're in for a great ride taking up fly fishing.

You are fortunate that you waited until now - a whole new adventure awaits !!

John
    The fish are always right.

Blog Entries

Topper welcome to the site, be sure to ask and answer questions, even those of us new to the fly have something to give.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Big welcome to FAOL from Tennessee - Sit back and enjoy the ride - no better place to be!
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Talking Welcome Topper!

Hi Topper,

I know exactly what you mean. When I came back to fly fishing after a 30 year stint of chasing LMB in high-powered boats, this site was critical to my relearning process. The thing that may surprise you is that you have only seen the public half of the information transfer. People like John Scott, Dave Micus, Jim Hatch, and many others have often shared long, detailed PMs to help with problems or questions that I was having. Anyway, welcome to the BEST web site on the whole Internet for fly fishing and tying. Let us hear from you regularly. With all your fishing experience, you should turn into an excellent fly fisherman. I'll bet there's fly tying in your future too! 8T

Default Taimen fishing

Thank you all for the kind welcome.

I've got some boning up to do as a few friends and I have a trip planned to Mongolia to fish for Taimen next year.

My partners have told me I can come if I leave my spinning rod at home.

Should be an experience of a lifetime, regardless if I hook one of those beasts or not.

Thanks again, I'll be checking in often and hope someday I can contribute in kind.

Taimen??

Tie up some size 100/0 Hooks with a rabbit pattern....not just using rabbit skin...actually the size of a rabbit!! Jeez, those things make me scared to wade in Mongolian rivers.
    ‎"Trust, but verify" - Russian Proverb, as used by Ronald Reagan

Welcome, Topper, from the Island Nation of Ohio. I'm making dinner. Care for a little smothered chicken?

Yes, we also cook here. We do it to keep up our strength so we can fish longer!
    Joe Valencic
    Life Member FFF
    Rod Builder in Chains

Topper,,, ok, your 'assignment' (if you should care to accept it) is this. "Rip Some Lips!" That trip sounds just dandy. Hope you have a nice digital camera so you can take some pictures to go along with the article you will do!
    Sure, we would love to see and hear all about it. Write it up; be fun.

+ Reply to Thread