+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Other than Ebay and Paypal

Default Other than Ebay and Paypal

Herefishy's thread about paypal prompted me to start this.
    A few other places to buy stuff without PP.
    Our own Sponsor's Page on FAOL offers us some good deals. I don't know of any of them that use Paypal.
    Our own "things for sale" here on FAOL. Some accept paypal but will take checks or MO's
    Craigslist. I got a smokin deal on a rod and reel combo for a grandson. Picked it up locally. Paid cash. No postage.
    Amazon. Check out their flyfishing stuff, books, dvd's, clothing.
    The Bargain Bin at Cabela's.
    Other flyfishing or just fishing sites have things for sale. I've found good deals on the BB at fishsniffer.com.
    I guess it's what you are looking for and how you want to spend your money that makes you want to shop around.
    I'm sure there are other places online and off where we can get good deals without having to use paypal. If you folks know of other places that offer good deals, auctions and such, post them here. We can all use a break. Thanks, Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

As far as auctions go--go to www.auctionzip.com put in your zip code and then either 30 or 50 miles and you will see what is available in your area, if the auction companies list on that site. It wont be a "shopping" sort of thing though. You have to stick around and bid on it when it comes up. May take several hours. It is not an online thing. You have to be there.

All I am looking for is older and vintage equipment. I dont see too much new stuff at the auctions I go to. But then too, I did get a new pair of Orvis wading boots that were buried under and old pair of hip waders and some other stuff--for $10. Just lucky that no else there was interested in that box. You take your chances at an auction.

George

Blog Entries

I posted this before, but if you are searching craigslist for something specific, use http://www.searchtempest.com/ . It gives you the ability to search all of the craigslist locations within any range you want to define.
    Better to be an active environmentalist than and environmental activist.

FFMIRSWTNBOF
    (Full Fledged Member in Raunchy Standing-Within The NBOF)

Blog Entries

So far I seem to be doing fine, without having EVER bought anything from Ebay and without having EVER used Paypal.

Blog Entries

Today I received a pair of gambels quail skins, rooster and hen... In the same package was a pair of CA valley quail skins, hen and rooster... And there was even a pair of bobwhite quail skins, and it was also a hen and rooster...

That was 6 quail skins with some of the neatest little soft hackles you can imagine. I paid about $4.50 per bird, delivered. I consider that a screaming bargain when you consider I flew to AZ last spring just to shoot some mearns quail for tying skins. They cost a LOT more than $4.50 a piece!
    art
    qts2407hp on ebay

+ Reply to Thread