+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: guess Im a wuss

Default guess Im a wuss

Stream close to home opend today. Threw the gear in my new/old feeshn truck and headed out. Nuts Windy, overcast, spittin rain and COLD. Kinda hard too concentrate when your whole body is shakin and yer teeth sound like castanets. Thats why I dont chase steel. Im 54 and Ive done all that crazy stuff already. Got the t-shirt too. Oh well, June is coming and my week in the Blue Mtns of Oregon.

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Talking I'd have joined you!

Hi Clyde

Cold, rain and wind can certainly take much of the enjoyment out of fly fishing. Better days are definitely coming so it sounds like you made a good choice. I'd have joined when my hands got cold enough to make my grip on the rod questionable. 8T

Blog Entries

Fishing is supposed to be fun, when its not fun I go read or find something else to do. I don't blame you for stopping for the day.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

As long as the streams were free of ice I was out steelhead fishing this past winter. I'm 13 years older then you and I don't know how many tomorrows I'm going to have to enjoy this sport, so I'm going to enjoy all the todays I can.

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeliner View Post
    t, so I'm going to enjoy all the todays I can.
    and I'm 8 years older than you ridgeliner...and I say more power to you ...but...I have redefined "enjoy"....no golf in the rain, mostly no fishing in the rain....seldom go out when it is 100 degrees out ...and no longer stay in a state where it gets to freezing...I figure there's always another day...and when there isn't I won't be around to care.

And Clyde I've done that crazy stuff too...still don't know if some of the days elk hunting or some of those steelhead days with ice on the ferrules were the coldest...believe my vote goes to a particular day on the Selitz.
    Last edited by ducksterman; 04-26-2009 at 12:56 AM.

clyde,
    I must be your kind of wuss. I was going to mow the lawn today at 8:00 A.M. but the wind was too cold. So I went to the attorney's office and signed papers on the re-fi for my home. Then went to Cabela's and bought a tip top for my new boo build. Then had lunch and finally mowed the lawn at about 1:30 this P.M. Today was opening day for the lowland lakes in Washington and you could walk across the lake from boat to boat, and never get your feet wet. I don't go fishing on opening day. Yup, I'm your kind of wuss, and I'm proud of it.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

I don't have to worry about 100 degree weather. We don't have that here. We have very few days when it gets above 90 degrees. I certainly don't do the things I used to. A day fishing today is 3-4 hours, not 10-12 hours.
    A doctor told me one time to look at my birth certificate to figure out why my knee was bothering me. He said parts wear out. We are fortunate today that they can replace a lot of those parts.

Calling NOone any names, I fish NO matter what the weather. As long as I'm dressed for the occasion, BRING IT ON!.

Mark
    PS: BUT, I fly fish only about 30 days a year and NO weather is going to take a day of that away from me.

i suggest a flask of good whiskey!
    "some go to church and think about fishing, others go fishing and think about God." Tony Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Calling NOone any names, I fish NO matter what the weather. As long as I'm dressed for the occasion, BRING IT ON!.

Mark
    PS: BUT, I fly fish only about 30 days a year and NO weather is going to take a day of that away from me.
    Mark,
    Would this influence your decision?: http://www.sheridanmedia.com/site/ne...0-05/cloud.jpg
    Doug
    Enjoying the joys of others and suffering with them- these are the best guides for man. A.E.

+ Reply to Thread