+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone using LL Bean Emerger Waders???

Default Anyone using LL Bean Emerger Waders???

Quick shout out to all here..anyone using the Emerger Waders from LL Bean???

Big LL fan here and returned a set of Flyweights (cheap ones) last winter for leaky seams...they held up for about 1/2 seaon...the pair they sent in return leaked first day out...

Since I really like Bean, I am considering returning and upgrading to the Emergers...hopefully for the better as I don't have a budget for anything higher dollar.

If you are using them, let us know how they do.

Bean stands behind their products foir sure...I gues I have been expecting too much out of cheap waders.

Default waders

I have the hippers and the Rapid Rivers , Both 5 stars in my book, and they are coincidently they first waders i have that don't leak.

My youngest son has a pair of Emergers and I have a pair of the Rapid River. Both a good solid values. Though the Rapid's are twice the price, they are much more 'durable feeling' because of the what seems like more durable material on the legs and buttocks. However, this does not mean the Emergers are a bad pair or less durable - they have doubled the material in the legs/knees and are a very very good value in waders. No problems with either pair (so far knock on wood).

What I do like in the Rapid's are the suspenders are more comfortable (to me) and I like that the wading belt has belt loops.

What is VERY nice about both pair is the built in gravel guards and how easy they are to hook onto your wading boot.

I have no issue with either wader.
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

Still trying to decide weather to return or try and seal the seams with some seam tape...of course LL Bean has let me know returning is no problem.

Return. I walked in to an LL Bean store with a 10 year old rain jacket that needed some work. I was more than willing to pay to have it refurbed. The manager took it from me and walked me over to the rack and told me to pick out a new jacket. Even swap. Great company and that's just one example of their customer service attitude that keeps me coming back.
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

brhoff - FWIW - I work for LL Bean. They redesigned the Flyweights, and that should take care of your problems. By all means, return them! LL Bean doesn't want you to have anything from them that isn't 100% satisfactory to YOU. `

The Emerger series of waders are a terrific buy, and well worth the cost of upgrade. The Flyweights are a great value as a backup pair of waders, but the durability of the Emergers might save you the trouble of having to return another pair of Flyweights. Your call, and entirely your choice.

No company stands behind their merchandise better than LL Bean. That's one reason I work for them, and THE reason I buy as much as I do from them out of my own pocket. Great company to work for, too!

Yup, they are going back...on closer examination, there are two spots in the crotch area that are missing the inner lining...looks almost like a cigarette burn???

I don't smoke nor does anyone at my house and I just pulled them from the box...certainly not Beans fault but yup, they go back.

Proabaly will spend up to Emergers...I was really hoping the Flyweights would last 3 seasons or so...if they did, I would never return them...just buy new...

Still a big Bean fan and agree, most companies would argue this type of return.

+ Reply to Thread