+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost A Year

Smile Almost A Year

Some times life happens. I haven't been down to the local fishing hole in about a year. In that time I haven't wet a line once and I'm a fishing fanatic. In the last year I had some kind of skin thing that kept me out of the sun. The Mississippi flooded, again. Lost my job of nineteen years. Found a new job in an unrelated industry. Sued by creditors. Filed for bankruptcy. Filed to terminate child support payments. Went through rounds of colds and flu with my wife and four year old. Don't get me wrong I'm not having a pitty party and lots of great thing have happened as well, it's just that I couldn't get in the fishing mood. I knew that if I went it would just be a waste of time. BUT!!!! I got my ming right boss!

Tomorrow morning I'm getting up at 5:30 and heading to the lake. All this week my mind has been filled with thoughts of fish, rods, flys, tactics, water temps and it has been wonderful. I'm taking my 8' 4wt and tying on a yellow #10 Yellow Gurgle-Pop and a Mylar Minnow dropper and if that doesn't work I'll try something else! The water is 60 degrees. The LMB should be spawning. The crappie are hungry. It was 89 degrees here today with a southwest wind blowing. I don't care if I catch anything but that would be great too.

Greg

Thumbs up

Enjoy your day...

Greg, the 25th of April has always been a good day for me; I'm sure it will be for you too. I will be thinking of you. Good luck; rip some lips,,, for me too.

And for me ...

Catch a couple for me.
    Glad things are working out for you.

Rick

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Default That is one tough year, my friend!

Hi Greg,

You have certainly had more than your share of bad luck and trying events in the part year. It speaks very well for your courage and character that you have held together as well as you have. They say that the economy is on the up swing and hopefully we will all get lifted a bit.

I sure hope that you catch fish until you can hardly move your casting arm. Take care and stay optimistic! 8T

Go get 'em! Sounds like you've earned it.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Blog Entries

hope you are enjoying your day on the water, go often it clears the mind and gives time to contemplate the important stuff.

Eric
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Thanks you everyone.

I did make it out and had a great time. A late start limited me to a couple hours of fishing. The wind was up a bit and it took me a while to get my stroke back but it was working well enough. Started off catching a couple cookie cutter bluegills on the mylar minnow dropper. I also spooked a nice largemouth that was hiding next to the bank under the shade of a tree. These are normal results for this lake because it is heavily fished. It felt great to go through the motions of rigging up and stumbling around the lake. Wish that I could have gotten out earlier.

Best regards,
    Greg

Glad for ya. Keep up the good work. I was thinking of you today.

+ Reply to Thread