+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Got new toys with a neat story!

Cool Got new toys with a neat story!

My "stash" of rods includes a 2wt, 3wt, 5wt, 6wt, 8wt, & a vintage 'boo that fishes like a 4wt, even though the line designation on the rod is E (5wt) or HDH (6wt).
    I had in mind to buy a "backup" 5wt at some point, but things have a away of just working out. Here's the story...
    A few years ago, my good friends, Scott & Bud Hanselman, closed their wonderful little flyshop, "Books 'N Hooks", in Girard, Ohio. I got some very good deals & one was a TFO 5wt Lefty Kreh Signature 9' 2pc 5wt I got for a friend who thought he may want to take up fly fishing...only cost $40.00 to $45.00 (which friend Rich paid) & I had a click/pawl Martin reel I gave him for it. Well, the other day at work, he shows up with the totally untouched rod AND the Martin reel & gave it to me, saying he's sure I would use it a lot more than he ever would. That Martin reel will go on 4 year old Granddaughter Tori's "Uncle Jack Hise 'boo" & I'll put a USA made Medalist (that Anglerdave sent me) on the TFO. I hope to get out & play with it this Saturday.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Talking

WOW Mike you got Christmas too!!!

nighthawk Guest

Mikey,
    You give so much of yourself. You are the most generous guy I have ever know. Now it has come full circle. Enjoy the gear!

Eric,
    Thanks for the kind words. You & Tim are certainly no slouches in the "giving" department either! It's all about "paying it forward".

Funny that the 3 names at the top of this post, that being me, Tim, & Eric, joined FAOL within 6 days of each other in 2003 & have become so VERY close....Doesn't seem like 6 years, does it?
    Mike

That's awesome, my friend, and proof that sooner or later doing good things brings good thinks back to you.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Hi Mike;

That's really cool! As stated by others your generosity has rewarded you, may it continue forever.

I can't wait to see you, Tim & Jerry next year at the VA flyfishing festival, hopefully we can all make it.

ps: thanks for calling me when I won the prize drawing here, I wouldn't have found out if not for your timely call.

Wayneb

Thumbs up

Thanks again folks. I am truly humbled by your kind words. You have all been positive influences on me.

Wayne & Tim..We really ought to be thinking about a Virginia Fish-In using that wonderful Festival as a "kick-off"! Think about it.....GREAT location for many types of primo fly fishing for....trout, smallies, the "salt", gills, etc....WOW, talk about a smorgasbord! Add to that a very good & beautiful location that is NOT expensive & FANTASTIC people....How can you beat that?
    Mike

Hi Mike;

That sounds like a great idea! Just think we only have a year to plan though!

Wayneb

We are going to have to have discussions before too long about next year. The Motel where Jerry & I stayed last year is reasonable, convenient, & in a nice setting. I'll be in touch, but there won't be much activity until after Maggie's Wedding July 25th.
    Mike

+ Reply to Thread