+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CA trout Season opens 25th

Default CA trout Season opens 25th

Yippee. The trout season opens in the eastern sierras this weekend. I'm looking forward to the big crowds, overcrowded roads, streamsides and boats on the water. Actually, it will be my 26th opening day in a row. I wouldn't miss it for the world. I love pounding those mountain creeks, slipping around in the ice and snow chasing stocked and holdover trout. I hope to see some of you there. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

Smile

Jim -

Just wishing you a great opening day.

Go ahead and slip on the ice. Just don't break anything, especially your camera.

Bring back some great pics of the Sierras, and a fish or two. I'm looking forward to your report.

John
    The fish are always right.

Jim,

Good luck this weekend, I hope there is a lot of catching in your future. Have a great opening. How about a report on the fishing when you get back?

Beaver

I'll be out there! Whether or not I get something to the net... well, we'll see about that. Good luck!

John

Michigan's statewide opener is the same day. I won't be on a stream with the views of the Sierras offer but pretty enough. I always try to make it on the opener since it's so special.

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

Lightbulb

Hi Guys,

I think that some folks who don't keep up on events are in for a rude awakening come opening day.

Planted Trout may not be in everyone's plans, but there are generations of anglers who've made their annual pilgrimage on opening day for planters, whether they realized they were fishing for planters or not. I have to wonder how they'll react and to which waters they'll turn, when it dawns on them that the tanker trout aren't coming this year.

See: http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/stocking/

Best, Dave

Dave, I fish mostly the streams and lakes of Inyo and Mono counties (Eastern Sierra Nevada, Owens Valley to Bridgeport) The only creek listed there for no stocking is Pine Creek. I know there are a lot of waters that will not be stocked throughout the state by the DFG. It is definately going to upset some fisherman, considering the state keeps bumping the cost of a license and reduces services.
    I also understand a lot of those fisheries that will not be stocked by DFG will continue to be planted by county and private hatcheries.
    The bottom line is there will be some fishing taking place on April 25th. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

+ Reply to Thread