+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bob Boese - Mea Culpa article

Default Bob Boese - Mea Culpa article

Great article Bob. Actually some great comeback lines for some of the PETA diehards. Got a lady who just moved in who's a paying member of PETA and it's almost laughable every time we walk down to the river to go fishing she tells us all the pain we are causing, but when I bring my lab out it's although we really don't believe in people having pets you're taking in an abused animal and the wonderful treatment you give her is amazing.

Kinda a catch 22 for these folks, other than that she isn't too bad. I've invited her to come along fishing a few times but she hasn't accepted yet and just wiggles a finger at me when I do

Fatman

While Bob's articles are great, it's the stories interspersed through out that get my day started with the laugh! Thank you Bob!!
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Blog Entries

I am often amused at the PETA crowd telling me I shouldn't fish while they wear leather shoes, etc. Most of them are pro animal as long as it doesn't mean them.

aka Pam don't eat chicken or wear fur Anderson. She probably doesn't see the contradiction in her actions.

Sounds like the hard times may have changed the tune of one die-hard PETA campaigner.

Actress-model Pam Anderson has posed naked for PETA's "I'd rather go naked " anti-fur campaign, and has been one of the animal rights group's biggest celebrity spokespeople. She's even spoken out on behalf of chickens.

Now Anderson has been booked to open a gentlemen's strip club/steakhouse in NYC, the L.A. Times reports.

She and another apparently hard-up actress, "The Hills' " Audrina Patridge, will show up for the April 27 opening of a new gentlemen's club named Sapphire New York, which Fox News says is part of Prime 333 Steakhouse on the Upper East Side.
    "Complexity is easy; Simplicity is difficult."
    Georgy Shragin
    Designer of ppsh41 sub machine gun

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Angry Good laughs on a serious subject!

Hi Folks,

Remember these people are a serious threat to hunting, fishing and double cheeseburgers. They are serious and they are starting to win some of their battles. We already have half of America shaking their fists at hunters and women who wear fur coats. People laughed at a bunch of goose-stepping Germans in the 1930's. Many of our outdoor rights are in real danger. 8T

Thumbs up

PETA probably wouldn't think much of us here..... One of our local parks has been over-run with ground squirrels. Now that it is breeding season, the city came up with a good way to "control" the problem;

http://www.krem.com/topstories/stori....e08c7efe.html

Best Regards....
    Exploring the waters of western Montana...

Poke her with a bluegill dorsal fin and tell her bass eat them all the time. If that doesn't hurt them a little hook ain't gonna do much..............
    Good fishing technique trumps all.....wish I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel D. Popham View Post
    PETA probably wouldn't think much of us here..... One of our local parks has been over-run with ground squirrels. Now that it is breeding season, the city came up with a good way to "control" the problem;

http://www.krem.com/topstories/stori....e08c7efe.html

Best Regards....
    Yeah, and I also remember when you idahoans used to have jack rabbit round-ups. I miss those. Drive a herd into a lage pen and wade in with a bat. Gotta keep the dirty buggers from destroying the hay stacks.

Just south of the border (Bear Lake area) I was out practicing my .22 sniping at the time.
    Don Rolfson

I have to tell ya, I was almost disappointed but you did manage to get "Boudreaux" in there. I really enjoyed this article Bob. Keep em commin.
    Steve

Thumbs up

Nice article, Bob! Now I have more ammo for replying to PETA people about my fishing habit.

Anyone want to look at another tack on Bob's article? I'd be curious what Bob had to say about this too. Even from a warm and fuzzy environmental plus pro-scientific-research aspect. Look at current situations in California...and that the same thing happened a few years back in my backyard without any public outcry at all, because the Wildlife Managers were smart enough to not make waves.
    Scenario:
    Scientists identify --
    -a riparian system with excellent conditions for native, endangered trout restoration.
    - very few people fish there because it's so remote...perfect.
    - full of overpopulated introduced trout species (here, it was tiny, stunted brookies)
    Solution: A brief dose of rotenone to kill the non-natives, some good fish barriers to KEEP them out, and a cutthroat trout restoration project. Great idea, I think.
    Think again -- this sort of project is being blocked by PETA types in many places, because it kills fish (they have rights, you know), and it dumps awful poisons in our water (rotenone is not awful at all).
    So for all their pro-environment rhetoric, these PETA types are AGAINST threatened / endangered species restoration?
    Hmmmmmmm.
    Go figger.

Thanks again for the lucid and incisive article, Bob!

DANBOB

go rodentator!

+ Reply to Thread