+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: While Fishing

Wink While Fishing

It was cold, raw, wet, and windy today so I took some time to play around with the photo processing software that came with the camera I bought a couple months ago.

Here are some pics taken while on fishing outings - cropped to enlarge and modify the original images and improve the composition. Very basic stuff, but got to start somewhere. Hope you enjoy them.

Momma moose and calf on Henry's Fork.

Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep at Skull Canyon.

Pronghorn Antelope in Birch Creek Valley.

Elk on the move at Birch Creek Springs.

John
    The fish are always right.

Flyfish4troutguy Guest

Love to have that type of wildlife here in Ontario, very nice photo ops.

Great pics too.

Mike

John,

You're a lucky man to be blessed with the opportunity to do and see this stuff. I'm currently green with envy ! My encounter with wildlife today consisted of watching the turkey vultures feed on a deer carcass along the road side. While all wildlife is grand, I'm pretty certain (based on your photo's) you've got me beat.

Thanks for posting those great pictures, you're the MAN!
    Joe Bertolini

No picture and I wasn't fishing. Last night my auto-yard lite flipped on and we watched a big'ol possum trot across the back yard. An hour later the same lite showed us an even bigger raccoon. So today, on the expressway, we see a National Parks van pull onto the road right in behind us. Up ahead there is something odd flying. Flying about ten feet over the road. Going the same direction we were. We get closer, ever closer, even closer. At the last possible moment,,, the stupid blue heron angles up and we slide harmlessly below it and it flys away. Just what I needed. Drive along innocently,,, smash into a federally protected brainless bird,,, and do it right in front of a warden. Trust me,,, my day could have ended up alot worse than it did. Dumb birds anyway!

Cold Guest

Wow, those pictures look excellent, and the editing work is seamless, great job!

My wildlife highlight yesterday was seeing a muskrat swimming up the creek toward me, veering off almost close enough to touch. I dont think he was watching where he was going!

Quote Originally Posted by alra195 View Post
    John,

You're a lucky man to be blessed with the opportunity to do and see this stuff. I'm currently green with envy ! My encounter with wildlife today consisted of watching the turkey vultures feed on a deer carcass along the road side.
    Oh man, that was hilarious...but only b/c it's true!
    Leave No Trace

Great pictures ! My question- Why do all the neat animals "come out" when the camera is not available ? Two nights ago I finally saw the "culprets" who have raided my bird feeding stations- a yearling and young sow black bears. Of course I did not have my camera . Jay (Trout 6 or 7 Jay 0)

Default Birch Creek Valley Golden Eagle

Here's another one of my favorites.

John
    The fish are always right.

Uncle Barry Guest

Good evening John.
    I have taken the liberty to add to your photos, in a Photoshop type program.
    If in the future you would like to know how, please feel free to ask at anytime,

Just a couple as an example,

Kind regards,
    UB
    ps, trust I have not 'done the wrong thing.

John,

Great pics. Was sure nice seeing the same critters yesterday in Birch Creek valley. To bad the elk decided to stay away though.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

+ Reply to Thread