+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Streamside Regularity

Default Streamside Regularity

It's a bit embarrassing, but I'm just not sure how else to put this - any of ya'll have problems with "regularity" on a long day of fishing? Even though I've been fishin my whole life, I still think it's just the excitement that gets to me. Betty's taken to packing me a thermos of prune juice which sure helps, but I'm wonderin' am I the only one that has to deal with this?

My best advice to you would be tread softly and consume your own waste waste.

You're not alone. Camping gets to me. Any change in routine seems to be the trigger for me. I love camping but it always seems to bind me up. Prune juice is a good answer. Apple juice works for me too. I think staying hydrated is the most important thing. Not the coffee, booze, or beer kind of hydration either. Just plain water is the best.
    Good Luck,

------------------
    Life, is the time He gave you to determine where you want to spend eternity.

[This message has been edited by Lotech (edited 27 November 2005).]
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Staying hydrated is the best way to avoid problems. You may not realize how much water you lose over the course of a days fishing.

It twern't this Betty!
    Duane? Is that you again?

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Yeah - someone told me if you alternate hot and cold drinks, like a cup of coffee followed by a glass of cold water, it gets things movin.' I know it's not good, but I usually don't drink anything at all, especiallly if I know I'm going to be in a drift boat all day - it's just too much of a hassle, and I've fallen out of the boat a couple of times with my waders around my ankles! I think I remember someone on this board saying that you could have kidney stones form in a matter of minutes if you're under-hydrated! Minutes?!? Is that really true?

Gerry

Don't let these youngins tease you. I'm up in years as well, and it can be a problem- getting to the stream, stringing up, then having to strip the vest and waders off because nature called. I had Esther sew a flap in the back seat of my waders, she used some water proof zippers like you have on float bags- it works pretty good. Also, before I go astream, I drink a pot of coffee and finish off about 7 Pall Malls, which usually gets my constitution in the right mood so I can use the port o john at the turnout. Don't eat none of this fancy stuff that's been tossed out on the other board either- I have some eggs and bacon, maybe a "half and half" cocktail in the morning which gets ther tract flowing good too.

Whoops! No sorry Betty, I wasn't referring to you! I was talking about my wonderful wife of 36 years, god bless her soul. Who's Duane?

Hey there Betty,
    This dude is Duanes other brother Duane.His own sisters son.

Mark

Their names are Duane too.

I'd imagine after his dumpster diving he'd be having trouble!!

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread