+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you have a kid who ties?

Default Do you have a kid who ties?

If you do, why not get them into the Kid's Only Swap listed on the Swap Board? A great opportunity to learn a little focus, responsibility, express their creativity and to meet new friends...not to mention a little quality time with the supervising parent. Come on folks, let's make this one a roaring success.

Blog Entries

I do , but he's 37 , I guess thats to old . I Wish my grandson would tear himself away from His X-Box long enough to tie , but the electronics age is upon us . Except for the box I don't think he slows down long enough to tie even his shoes which he doesn't , gotta look Kewl you know .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Hey LF,

I'm starting a fly tying and fly fishing club with my grade seven and eight students in the new year...after they have learned a few of the skills, maybe we could get involved in such a fly swap.

Cheers to a great idea!

HI EVERYBODY,i'm FisherKid93 me and my dad(kahuna) started the kids only fly swap.
    i would love to have kids to be in the swap all of the information is on the bulletin board.

My two boys, (6 & 10) are just starting to learn the tying end of fly fishing. My wife
    as well !!! Nice for it to become a family affair !!!!! Someone will still know how to tie my patterns right when I'm long gone & a fly fishing with St. Peter !!!
    Nice to hear the kids get involved on this board as well !!!!

I love this idea! My son is only 2 so he might be a little young, but he already loves to "help" daddy at the vise. Maybe next year he can start on his own *G* I hope you get a nice turnout on this swap, it is a great idea

Antron Midge

------------------
    ....fly tying is the next best thing to fishing; it is the sort of licking of the lips that eases a thirsty man in the desert

Arthur Ransome

Wes just turned 16 and ties almost all of our flies.He also submitted a new fly he came up with to Orvis ,havent heard back yet but we are hoping to earn some college money for Oklahoma Baptist University as the Lord has called him to be a minister.

+ Reply to Thread