+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sage Factory Outlet

hutjensmpg Guest

Default Sage Factory Outlet

I've heard rumors and read oblique references periodically over the years to Sage having a Factory Outlet store somewhere. Can anyone confirm whether or not it exists and if so where it is?

I've been googling for 20 mins and found bupkiss.

Thumbs up

Don't know about an "official" Sage factory outlet, but this guy buys a PILE of Sage's old stock.

http://estore.anglers-pro.com/cgi-bin/cat

The owners name is Bill, and I can personally vouch for the great service his shop provides. He's treated me very well over the years, and everyone I've sent there too. First class individual, and an FAOL member as well. If you're looking for a discontinued Sage model, he's your best bet. He is the only place I know of that got in on the limited re-introduction of the Sage XP's other than Cabela's, and he has more models than Cabela's does.

Blog Entries

Talking

H.A. we have to get together one of these days. You haunt the same places I do and live not far from where I work in allentown. Anglers Pro is a hop skip and a jump from where I live.............................Ed

Hi Smernsky - This sounds like a good excuse to go fishing (like we need an excuse) .

Count me in.......Ed

If your looking for a closeout sale on Sage rods I know the Cabala's in Hammond, IN. has the FLi on closeout for $169.00 Might want to check out the Cabala's near you.
    Remember we all live down stream

hutjensmpg Guest

Thanks for the replies. I'm not looking to buy rods cheaply, but I have a 486-4 Z-Axis I'm going to put on e-bay soon. I bought it originally on e-bay, and found later two small problems that don't affect rod performance, but that someone may notice if they looked closely enough. I was thinking this may have been mis-represented as a straight factory rod to me and if the Sage outlet exists it may have actually come from there and would state that as likely in my listing. I guess I'll just go with actual descriptions of those items. First is that the wrap around the hook keeper has a small pointy imperfection in the epoxy as if stray fuzz poked through. Second is that it looks like the rod was splined quite correctly as the rod is ever so slightly off from perfectly straight between the 2nd and 3rd sections. I've commonly seen this in much less expensive rods, but never in a top line Sage before.

Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread