+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Update on Sportsmans Warehouse

Well I hate to hear that. While we don't have a SW close to us I traded at the one in Idaho Falls for a number of years when we lived in NW Wyoming. It was a booming place then, (5 years ago).

Vic

Quote Originally Posted by sharps View Post
    Well I hate to hear that. While we don't have a SW close to us I traded at the one in Idaho Falls for a number of years when we lived in NW Wyoming. It was a booming place then, (5 years ago).

Vic
    The IF one is okay, isn't it? I know the one in Pocatello is going.

Default SW, Poky is going, IF is staying,

No message

Anyone in the Lafayette, IN area know when that SW is having it's going out of business sale?
    "They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." - John Gierach

I visited Sportsmans Warehouse in Wichita last month. I was surprised how few customers were in the store. Even the Bass Pro Shop near Dallas was extremely slow. The employees were wondering when a big layoff will hit them between the eyes. Times are tough.

Western Portal Sequoia National Forest & the G.T.W., Kern River, CA.

Default Chapter 11

Another update.

It's a pdf. file.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/i...%20Release.pdf

Dave

That is interesting news! The news on tv last night says they were closing all but the Utah stores, but we all know who rummers flow.
    Wyo-Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fly Goddess View Post
    The IF one is okay, isn't it? I know the one in Pocatello is going.
    Joni -

As of this morning, Jimmy and Tim are thinking that the I. F. store will be closing also.

Last time I was in the I. F. store, about a month ago, there were very few customers there. The inventory in the fly tying section was way down - probably around 40% less material, hooks, feathers, etc. than usual. It just felt like the place was doomed.

For what it is worth, Jimmy's will soon have a web-store. Not up and running yet, but Tim told me it should be within a matter of weeks. Check out www.jimmysflyshop.com. Also, Jimmy will take phone orders for all things fly fishing from gear to fly tying materials. Call them at 208-524-7160.

John
    The fish are always right.

Thanks John. For all out there, I just want to say as a Tier for many years, I do look for QUALITY material. To the point that the price is not all that important, but every little break helps.
    Jimmy's has some TOP NOTCH material. And the prices very fair!

DaveP63,

The Lafayette store has had their GOB sale on for two weeks. 10-20% off 'selected' items. Going to 30% off of 'selected' items this week. I know that as I voice their commercials and live down the road, so I stop in every other day. Not sure if all the stores are on the same GOB pricing schedule.

rf

+ Reply to Thread