+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on the Pennsylvania Fish-In Please?

nighthawk Guest

Default Update on the Pennsylvania Fish-In Please?

Inquiring minds need to know if it has been finalized? Cost and when do you all want the funds? Other details too if possible please.

Thanks guys.

Hey Eric, I think those guys have a private forum where they sit and watch your anticipation and excitement grow by the day. They are probably waiting until just before you explode to release the info.

I would like to make it up there for at least a day, hopefully it works out.
    Joe

uhh...nevermind

nighthawk Guest

I'm not going to beat it to death. It either happens or it doesn't. I will make my plans for that time period flexible because I live so close I can just drive up there but I guess I am missing something here. Just thought we were supposed to hear something after January but I guess I missed the message or was left out. No big deal for me. Might be for those that have to plan a drive and stay.

nighthawk Guest

Many thanks. It is done. The fish-in update will be announced soon. may cannot get here fast enough.

I am a happy boy. Is it May yet?

Default Rattlesnakes and Pa FishIn

Having just seen a program on poisonous snakes and reading the post about the dog being bitten it brought back the snakes I have read about in the Waterville area. I read in a book on Fly fishing streams of Pa. that several of the area streams are replete with rattlesnakes. For those of you that have been there... how common are they and any special precautions to take? Don't mind telling you that snakes intrigue me and TERRIFY me all in the same breath.
    Bernie

nighthawk Guest

Bernie,
    They do inhabit the area but based on my limited experience no more so that the rest of the state. Well usually they are more eager to get away as fast as they can and do not strike unless they are stepped on, picked up, molested or cornered. They can only strike 50% of their body length so for most timber rattlers that means about 2-4 feet of reach. Just remember that they like to sun on the rocks and hide in the cracks between boulders when it gets too hot. Look where you are putting your feet, hands or other body parts before putting them there, shake out any clothing, boots that has been laid aside before putting them on and check/shake out any gear that has been laying around.

It really is not a big issue. My guess is you will see more of other types of critters, deer, turkey and perhaps bear, than any snakes. I was born and raised in Northwestern Pa, lived in the Clearfield area for a few years and now live in Southcentral Pa. I have seen more rattlers and copperheads here in Perry County than anywhere else. Never been bit but stood there in awe of them. Just look where you are stepping before you step and you will be fine.

Default Whew !!!

Hey Eric
    Funny how when I was a kid and fishing at the Neshannock Creek snakes never entered into the equation. Never even bothered to look where I was leaping. Could it be that since I am now a "mature" individual I want to stay on this earth for a few more years?

Great weather we had today. Went to the Run for a few hours (connects Boiling Springs Lake and Yellow Breechs) Very surprised to see just a few others pursueing the pastime. Managed four and missed many more. I blame it on the shack nasties. Used a Chamois worm, zebra midge and green weenie. Wind started blowing so bad I called it a day. We WILL have to hook up.
    Bernie

Default snakes

they are there, but if you watch where you step or put your hand, it like eric said. i nite fish the pine, loyalsock, laxawaxen,lehigh. never walk on one, but did hear them sound off in the dark. flyman 3 pottsville

Snakes are no more a problem in that area than anywhere else in the state. If you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone. The odds of even seeing one are slim at best. Just use common sense when walking - there's well cleared paths in most places, so you know what's ahead. There's MUCH more danger driving to fish than there is from anything Mother Nature has in store.

There Have been unconfirmed reports in the Waterville area of a crazed bull moose attacking unsuspecting fishermen - just ask flyman3.

Default long time in the woods

i only kiss his honey two times, he didnt have to get that mad. HE HE HE he he. flyman 3

+ Reply to Thread