+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Late Intros

Default Late Intros

I just realized I jumped on here without an introduction...and the train kept a-rollin'. Please excuse my manners (or lack thereof).
    Name's Quinn from Los Angeles area- a transplant from Rolling Rock town PA. Small rivers in So Cal and bigger rivers in No. CA are my haunts. Just got back into FF 3 years ago from a 25 year hiatus since leaving PA. Addiction includes refinishing tea-sticks. Love this site!!!

------------------
    A wing & a Prayer! ----*<(((><~ ~ ~ ~
    Quinn
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton
    God Bless and Tight Lines ----*<(((>< ~ ~ ~

Welcome to a great place. Glad to see you! You'll get a lot of enjoyment and information here!

Here's the "official" welcome, just in case you needed it!

------------------
    LadyFisher, Publisher of
    FAOL

Didn't feel worthy until this point. Not too sure about it still but thought I'd say hey formally.

------------------
    A wing & a Prayer! ----*<(((><~ ~ ~ ~
    Quinn
    "I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy nobody but him, and him only that catches more fish than I do." Izaak Walton

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Hi WC,

Your manners are fine. We'll look forward to your posts. 8T

------------------
    You had better learn to be a happy camper. You only get one try at this campground and it's a real short camping season.

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard Wednesday Caster .

In my opinion Wednesday and Thursday are the best casting days . Monday and even Tuesday are too soon after the hoards of weekenders have put the fish down and off their feed . By Wednesday the fish have calmed down a little . You have the lake or stream almost to yourself . Friday gets an increase in anglers as fellows cheating a day start showing up . Saturday and Sunday are hopeless elbow to elbow free for alls . Yep I can see why you are a Wednesday caster .
    With the help of the Regulars on FAOL I'm sure we should soon be able to call you Sevenday Caster because one day is just not enough .
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

Gnubee,
    No coincidences there (my handle "WC'). I was fishing on a Friday and met up with a gent (86 years young) who was not able to make it on his normal Wed. outing and had to come up on a Friday. He explained fishing on a Wednesday was "best" pretty much because of the same reasons you just wrote. We fish together every couple of Wednesdays now. You are a wise man. It sure is tough to write off 1/2 day in the middle of the week. Thank God that I am blessed with owning my own business.
    PS If you think asking for a day off from your boss, try asking your business partner/book keeper (my wife). Whew!!!
    Quinn

Welcome aboard WC! Lots and lots of info here plus a good place to pick up or sell some used and or sometimes new gear! So much within these pages!...Bob

+ Reply to Thread