+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bad day for flyrods

Default Bad day for flyrods

Well, I finally saw it happen after thirty years of flyfishing. My buddy slammed the tailgate on his Redington Redfly rod. Does anyone have any experience with Redington customer service for such things? Any advice other than don't do that anymore? Also another friend showed up with his young son and after his son landed a steelhead we noticed that the tiptop was missing on his rod. We ended up using my rod (one of the few times I didn't bring an extra rod) and each of us landed and released two steelhead apiece.

Glenn

They replaced one of my boat rods last year. This rod was given to me by a client and I even told the rep that. She said no problem. So, in a short time I recieved a new, upgraded model, the model that was broke was discontinued. I really do not expect that you will have a ny trouble with them.

Tig,,, They are/have been a sponsor on FAOL for many, many years. That has to tell you something, right?

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Redington Rods

Redington is owned by Sage and they stand behind their products. While I usually only fish Sage rods, I do own three Redington rods. One broke on me once when I was fishing the Yakima River (not MY fault). Since I live close to Bainbridge Island, I drove there and the people at Redington exchanged the rod for me. No problem.

Larry ---sagefisher---
    Organizations and clubs I belong to:

Fly Fishers International Life Member
    FFI 1000 Stewards member
    FFI Presidents Club
    FFI Fly Tying Group Life Member

Washington State Council FFI
    V.P. Membership

Alpine Fly Fishers Club
    President & Newsletter Editor--The Dead Drift

North Idaho Fly Casters club

Default No good!!

I have done that TWICE and i have a friend that has done that as well. Thats enough to torque anyone off. I'm sorry do hear about your loss, good luck!!!
    UNITY

thanks for the replies. I will pass that along to my friend. He will be glad to get it replaced or fixed. I hope I never see that again, I tried to get him to stop jus t as he did it. Made me feel kind of sick when he opened the tailgate.

Glenn

Default Broken flyrods...

I've broken two Sage rods tigfly and the service is great so no worries if Redington repairs are handled by them. Give them a call and hopefully they've relaxed the $40 turn around for the repair/replacement.

MontanaMoose

Quote Originally Posted by tigfly View Post
    Well, I finally saw it happen after thirty years of flyfishing. My buddy slammed the tailgate on his Redington Redfly rod.

How could anybody ever think this is the fault of Redington? I grew up under the notion "my fault, I fix it, your fault, you fix it.

Guess I just don't understand this ' lifetime unconditional warranty crap'.

Just the opinion of a crochity old fishbum,

fishbum

Default With all due respect...

...for a crochity old flybum, but fly fishing is a niche market and very competitive...the manufacturers keep upping the ante to garner
    sales and following. Case in point: I have a Bucks Bag split chest pack that I was going to sell here but discovered during photo shoot that there was a flaw in a seam that held a strap in place and same was fraying and coming loose. I called the Buck's Bag folks out in Boise and they said to the effect, 'oh, no problem, send it along and we'll repair it under the lifetime warranty'.

Mind, I've had this Buck's Bag chest pack for about 4 or 5 years, though unused. They said that din't matter...lifetime means lifetime. I think it's about service now more than anything else. Did you know one company that sells flyrods will next day you one to the town closest to the destination river you're fishing with no questions asked and you send the broken rod in when you return home? Yep it's true.

Anyway, point is...the niche market and the heavy competition for our business...luck us huh?....has made it so we can buy fly gear once and they'll keep replacing it should it break. I imagine the benefit for the companies that offer 'lifetime' is that fools like me will take the time to bang out a diatribe in support of a company I've delt with in this fashion....works for me...works for them too !

Cheers,

MontanaMoose

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fishbum View Post
    How could anybody ever think this is the fault of Redington? I grew up under the notion "my fault, I fix it, your fault, you fix it.

Guess I just don't understand this ' lifetime unconditional warranty crap'.

Just the opinion of a crochity old fishbum,

fishbum
    I agree and I know your not a crochity old fisherman BILL
    Did he have the wrong guy he called you flybum?

+ Reply to Thread