+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: While Tying

Please tell me I'm not the only opera buff.

I have a TV in my tying area that is usually tuned to what I normally watch: old sitcoms, old movies, old cartoons, old game shows, certain sports, Food Network and the History Channel.

I like old blues (Robert Johnson; Mississippi John Hurt, etc.) or jazz. Sometimes I can listen to older rock, or older country, but never contemporary country.

Mostly I like jazz and blues.

Talk radio is always welcome, as long as the topics aren't political in nature. Too much talk about politics these days.

Sometimes the sound of silence is welcome.

Other times, my son plays his "Row, row, row your boat..." and this is what I listen to.

Fred

Well I'm an eighties product, so I mostly listen to Hard Rock/Heavy Metal, but usually nothing while tying, I seem to like it quiet.

Currently, the podcasts (MP3 files) frome here: [url=http://www.flyfishradio.com/:9cd97]http://www.flyfishradio.com/[/url:9cd97] They are pretty interesting, but they sure are making me 'homesick' to go back to Utah and fish my college home waters, or even the colorado ones I grew up on. Making me miss the trout fishing.

I also wish they had some warmwater stuff. I think I am going to send them a suggestion. . .

Don
    Don Rolfson

PlainOldJim,

"you and I would definitly not be tying in the same room"

You're right about that Jim, you put on some of that Yanni and I'd be headed for the door, eek.
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Everything from Bonnie Raite and Buddy Guy to some Cuban and Island music. The other night it was Copeland's Appalachia Spring. Almost felt high. I also like tying with a glass of wine. Fun spitting out the little hair ends!!! JGW

nighthawk Guest

The History Channel but very soon Christmas Carrols.

------------------
    Eric "nighthawk"

American veteran and proud of it!

I like a VERY wide variety of music, but tend to pick the more mellow stuff when tying. Its usually in the range of folksy-country to hippie. Folksy country would include Guy Clark, Slaid Cleaves, Todd Snider, Patti Griffin and the like. Hippie would range from the Dead to Marley to Jack Johnson to Keller Williams. Nice to have the tying desk next to the iTunes loaded mac and all thats on it. Never tried classical, something that elegant might be ideal should I ever feel the need to tie Catskills or Wulffs.

I either like it quiet or with a good storm raging outside. Guess we're more into nature's music, usually, anyway.
    ....lee s.

+ Reply to Thread