+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: opening day.....

Default opening day.....

ok i live in missiouri....an the one event i try not to miss since i have moved here is opening day for trout season ..at the local trout parks ..for me it is roaring river ..and it is so fun to watch ...and if you git there early enough you can get a coffee cup ...maybe i will see one or 2 of you all there ...say hey if you are .....it is on march 1st @0600
    yeah ,like they are just gonna jump on the hook ,,,huh

Ugh. Have fun!

Opening Day is the one day I try to avoid the trout parks more than any other...

But to each his own! Good luck!

its the show .....i mean ....where else can you see so much or so many...and just enjoy the sillyness ....and i love watch the young peeps get a 1st fish or just catch a fish

Missouri Trout Park on Opening Day.
    I go to Bennett. Its tradition. My longest haven't missed one in eighteen years.

Picture below taken at Montauk

Last edited by jjtroutbum; 02-22-2009 at 03:38 AM.
    Jon Joy

"A jerk at one end of the line is enough."

Member Ozark Fly Fishers http://www.ozarkflyfishers.org/

Blog Entries

Default opening morning

i usually don't see another person here.
    Most wait for the weather to warm up.

I won't be at the Roaring River opener, but I read an article posted on another site that stated that there would be an average 280 fish per hole for the opener.

They are expecting 3300 people to fish there on opening day. MDC is stocking for 3 fish per person expected.

That is a lot of trout shoved into 2.5 miles of spring water.

Here's the entire article.
    Last edited by black_co; 02-22-2009 at 04:13 AM.

That picture is EXACTLY why I won't fish the parks. I went to one opening day....geez....30+ years ago. Never again.

Vic

well its one day for me ..well three days a year...opening day ,take a kid fishing day, and fish for free day ...yes you are right .alot of pressure on these three days 'specially opening day ....and well i have never seen it in my life till i moved here from colorado.....and well iget to just watch an enjoy know that 90% of them will not wet a line the rest of the year....so they git this day with thier new fashion in camo..too expensive fishing outfits ....maybe i buy a lisence so they (mdnr)can have a dollar more to make these dayz good for many who wont fish for the rest of the year

I avoid opening day and the first few weekends thereafter for the very reason shown in the picture! I hate crowds. How can you flycast anyway?

Smile

foambug65, I used to have the same opinion as most have already posted, but I have learned something else about life in the last years and I understand your point of view. No, I wouldn't make that my main way to fish, but I sure could enjoy that day there, friends you can make, meeting new people, like that little fellow standing in the bottom left hand corner of that pic at the falls, hanging on his belt there is a lure box just like one that was giving me for fathers day a few years back from my youngist and I still have it, good conversation piece that would be, a yearly thing I could see that and look forward to it, an only way to fish...NO! ....lol

+ Reply to Thread