+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fly fishing injuries?

Default Fly fishing injuries?

What's your "best" fly fishing injury?

Right now, my middle finger on my left hand is killing me. I'm pretty sure it's tendinitis from stripping line all day the last two days...

It hurts!

I'm attempting to find words that sound like they may hold just one iota of sympathy ... but I can't find any!! All that comes out is "HA! That's what you get for fishing when the rest of us are grumpy from shack nasties!!!"
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I've been through a steroid regime, am taking a ton of Advil, and now sleep in an ultra-sexy stainless steel wrist brace for carpal tunnel that appears to be aggravated by pitching Clousers with my 8wt. My trout rods don't seem to bother me, though.

I've got a really cool scar on my neck from a fellow who was "one-hand spey casting" his five weight rod and sunk two barbs of the treble hook on his Panther Martin into me, then promptly removed it via his "forward" cast.

Blog Entries

I have a pretty serious case of carpal trout syndrome, but I haven't fished that much in the past year, so it has healed nicely.

I once pierced my ear with a #6 tungsten conehead slumpbuster. Luckily there were no witnesses.

Default My injuries

The severest injuries I have suffered during fly fishing were to my pride and ego. Thankfully
    the injuries, though severe, healed completely with application of warm compresses of successful fishing days ( and a bit of single malt, just to make sure).

Mark

Even Marco's wife has suffered a fly fishing injury....I was there!

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by 92Esquire View Post
    I've been through a steroid regime, am taking a ton of Advil, and now sleep in an ultra-sexy stainless steel wrist brace for carpal tunnel that appears to be aggravated by pitching Clousers with my 8wt. My trout rods don't seem to bother me, though.

If the Doc gave you an anti-inflammatory drug such as Mobic, note that they block both Advil and Aleve. Tylenol will be your, most likely, best pain reliever.

Roy

I hooked myself in my left eye lid . Its amazing how much a little hook can hurt.

Suggest you try a 2hander euro-action spey rod for those big clousers. Really helped my hand and shoulder by distributing the work load across both limbs and the slower motion needed by the long spey rod.

Good luck

+ Reply to Thread